PDA

View Full Version : The Zombie Apocalypse Isn't Coming, the CDC Says

Sammich
03-Jun-2012, 08:55 AM
This is from the same government that lied about the USS Maine, the Lusitania, the Gulf of Tonkin incident and Saddam's "nookular weapons".

The Zombie Apocalypse Isn't Coming, the CDC Says (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47653003/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/zombie-apocalypse-isnt-coming-cdc-says/)

A spate of bizarre acts of cannibalism in the last week have many people wondering whether to be afraid for their own flesh. The populous' collective curiosity has even driven "zombie apocalypse" up to the No. 2 spot on Google's list of trending search terms. But don't worry: according to government scientists, the zombies are not coming for you.

The flesh-eating living dead don't actually exist, said a spokesman for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). "CDC does not know of a virus or condition that would reanimate the dead (or one that would present zombie-like symptoms)," agency spokesman David Daigle told The Huffington Post.

Why won't the CDC let their own Dr. Edwin Jenner talk about what he has found in his research? This smells of coverup.

-- -------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

An update to more info I found:

CDC is still putting out information on survival strategies for a zombie apocalypse.

CDC Uses The Walking Dead to
Teach Emergency Preparedness (CDC Uses The Walking Dead to Teach Emergency Preparedness)

The three tips include “Make a pit stop, fill up before it’s too late,” “First aid kit, never leave home without it” and “Clean water is zombie-free water.” The descriptions also feature references to the TV survivors’ lack of preparedness. The CDC promises to look out for more “teachable moments,” but no new information has been revealed.

Teachable Moments from The Walking Dead on AMC (http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/video/CDC-AMCWalkingDeadVideos.htm)

and then there is this:

Zombie Novella (http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/zombies_novella.htm)

This is a comic book that shows meager amounts of preparedness and absolutely nothing about self-defense. It shows the role of rescue centers. Everyone here should know what happens to people that go to those places seeking refuge. They also don't mention that the "screening" process to get into a rescue center will be confiscation of any and all weapons. Food, water, and first aid (except personal medications) will most likely be confiscated as well and placed into community storage for later redistribution.

We are nearing endgame, people.

Christopher Jon
03-Jun-2012, 02:28 PM
If we expand zombie apocalypse to include rage virus... :)

I'm just waiting for more naked dudes eating other naked dudes faces. That's good stuff. Get that "rock salt" into mass production. Pronto.

babomb
04-Jun-2012, 12:13 PM
If we expand zombie apocalypse to include rage virus... :)

I'm just waiting for more naked dudes eating other naked dudes faces. That's good stuff. Get that "rock salt" into mass production. Pronto. I agree. Totally. Anything resembling a real life zombpocalypse would actually look more like the 28 days later scenario. I always held that to be a more realistic scenario. Theatrically, the GAR scenario is more enjoyable. But let's face it, dead people aren't gonna be rising from the grave anytime soon. But judging from recent events, a rage virus scenario is seeming to be more and more possible. Not that I truly think that's gonna happen, but one can always hope.
If it were to happen, we'd be seeing runners and it would be much more terrifying than many people will currently admit. We won't have the luxury of being more "psychologically horrified" by shamblers. We'd all be fighting for our lives in the moment, against drugged up psychos with seemingly superhuman strength and an appetite for extreme violence. I'm not sure that everyone afflicted by the "excited delirium" will be eating people, but I can easily see them going on murderous rampages and causing panic in the streets. It may even take an odd turn where we start hearing about alot of missing persons, or discoveries of victims that were attempted to be hidden by people that are seriously addicted.
Then you have this whole scenario where the nations cocaine and bath salt supply could possibly be cut with some veterinary drug that causes an autoimmune response in the body that kills flesh.
These are really strange fucking times we're living in right now! You gotta admit that!

bd2999
04-Jun-2012, 07:38 PM
Although a bit funny with the reaction to it, the government is not lying about this. The CDC in general just puts information out to inform on policy. They were involved with helping describe the HIV/AIDS epidemic in the 80's. If the actual law makers use the info or not is not something the CDC has control over at all. And the zombie survival bit they put out is taking advantage of the current interest in zombies to make people think about being prepared. They are not going to say raid the local gun store or buy so many weapons you can fight the national guard. I am also not sure that resources would be confisgated and redistributed under such a condition. At least not in the way you are thinking. Many would see military or National Guard aide during such an event and would not be the lone heroes. They always exist.

I agree. Totally. Anything resembling a real life zombpocalypse would actually look more like the 28 days later scenario. I always held that to be a more realistic scenario. Theatrically, the GAR scenario is more enjoyable. But let's face it, dead people aren't gonna be rising from the grave anytime soon. But judging from recent events, a rage virus scenario is seeming to be more and more possible. Not that I truly think that's gonna happen, but one can always hope.
If it were to happen, we'd be seeing runners and it would be much more terrifying than many people will currently admit. We won't have the luxury of being more "psychologically horrified" by shamblers. We'd all be fighting for our lives in the moment, against drugged up psychos with seemingly superhuman strength and an appetite for extreme violence. I'm not sure that everyone afflicted by the "excited delirium" will be eating people, but I can easily see them going on murderous rampages and causing panic in the streets. It may even take an odd turn where we start hearing about alot of missing persons, or discoveries of victims that were attempted to be hidden by people that are seriously addicted.
Then you have this whole scenario where the nations cocaine and bath salt supply could possibly be cut with some veterinary drug that causes an autoimmune response in the body that kills flesh.
These are really strange fucking times we're living in right now! You gotta admit that!

As someone who studies viruses and bacteria for a living and what allows them to cause disease I will say that the concerns expressed in general about this sort of thing are largely unfounded. It is simply not possible. 28 Days later has a virus with a gestation time of seconds and that was the main problem in that film. If it was even a day it would be fast, but nothing that I know of is that fast.

Rabies would be the nearest thing and it does not do what many think it does. Most of the time it just kills a person outright. A mind altering drug, as was teh case here, is still not causing zombies. It would be more akin to Cannibal Apocalypse but still would not be a disease. So no government conspiracy, and if the world is going to end in some way it will not likely be because of one person eating another.