PDA

View Full Version : I dont feel secure in business...

Core
08-Jun-2012, 07:20 AM
I am a sales consultant in a trading company as a i mentioned before.There are three sales consultant in our company and we are working in a large room with three separated table.There is a invisible rivalry between us.Our job is searching interesting items to sell , studying the items' selling ratios in our company and such... I am the newest employer there... There was a new business between our company and goverment.I said that i want to focus on that job to eldest salesman consultant and he hesitated to give that job to me because it can be some kind of gold mine and clearly he doesnt want another person to share that big apple... Then i talked with the boss a few times about it and finally he gave me the full responsiblity of that and the eldest sales consultant isnt happy about it.

Yesterday i opened my computer and there were some interesting but harmless changes to my goverment trade site control panel.I think someone tried to search the control panel but forgot to clear his footsteps...

Yes , there are some password you have to enter for that panel or open my computer but the eldest salesman knows all of them.

I dont want to report this to my boss because i dont have any proof but its very disturbing... Because i also access to my personal e-mail and such in the company computer...

So i want to buy a personal notebook to access these things with private wireless internet and change the passwords.. Can that protect me from this spying things and such.... ? What do you suggest ?

EvilNed
08-Jun-2012, 07:40 AM
Unless he's a hacker, which he probably isn't, then changing your password is prob. the best way to go.

Core
08-Jun-2012, 08:47 AM
Yes.He doesnt need to be hacker.He can access to all the company computers with administration.I want a secure way to do my job without this backdoor access.I think i shouldnt use the company pc to do these things.Thats why i think buying a notebook and a private wireless conection can solve my problems ?

EvilNed
08-Jun-2012, 04:26 PM
Are you dependant on any progrems licensed through your company? If not, then yeah definetly.

Sammich
08-Jun-2012, 06:54 PM
Be VERY careful. The guy might be trying to dig up dirt on you or is thinking about planting something damaging to your reputation or even criminal on your computer. Starting with this incident DOCUMENT EVERYTHING - times, dates, names, what you were doing, what they were doing etc. If something does happen you will have this information available to submit if there is an investigation into wrongdoing.

krakenslayer
08-Jun-2012, 07:22 PM
Be VERY careful. The guy might be trying to dig up dirt on you or is thinking about planting something damaging to your reputation or even criminal on your computer. Starting with this incident DOCUMENT EVERYTHING - times, dates, names, what you were doing, what they were doing etc. If something does happen you will have this information available to submit if there is an investigation into wrongdoing.

This.

Plus, make one or two others in your workplace aware of your concerns. You don't have to name names of suspects at this stage, or make anything official, but if there's at least a couple of honest, tight-lipped people there that can vouch that you had security concerns from the start, it will make things a lot easier if shit does get real. Just make sure it's not the office gossip. If you don't want to do that, at least put a query in with your IT support team if you have one, asking if there's been any changes or updates because you've noticed some differences on the computers. That way, they'll be witnesses without necessarily knowing it.

Core
11-Jun-2012, 07:24 AM
Thank you for the support guys :)

EvilNed
11-Jun-2012, 09:33 AM
You could also try writing down your worries in a letter and then sending to yourself or someone you know who is already briefed on the situation. Tell them not to open the letter, in which case it might be admissable in court as a testimony of suspicious behavior. If you have a lawyer, run this idea by him first... Might be useless.

krakenslayer
12-Jun-2012, 08:58 AM
You could also try writing down your worries in a letter and then sending to yourself or someone you know who is already briefed on the situation. Tell them not to open the letter, in which case it might be admissable in court as a testimony of suspicious behavior. If you have a lawyer, run this idea by him first... Might be useless.

The problem with that plan, like the similar "mail it to yourself copyright" technique, is that it doesn't stand up under legal scrutiny: the point is to prove you had a certain idea, or in this case a concern, before a particular provable date (shown by the date on the postmark) without showing it to anyone. But then, from a court's point of view, what's to stop you sending an empty, unsealed envelope to yourself to get date stamped, then much later inserting false "concerns" incriminating the other guy long after the fact and then sealing it inside?

mj39569
14-Jun-2012, 06:57 AM
whittier property management business is a only business which is expanding day by day there is a huge profit in real estate business but be careful before investing in real estate business as if there is profit there is loss also