PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Reporter Drama Showrunners Roundtable Video inc Mazzara

kidgloves
09-Jun-2012, 09:52 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/video/drama-showrunners-full-uncensored-interviews-332453

bassman
10-Jun-2012, 01:04 PM
Interesting to hear that he already has an idea on how to end the show. Or "where it should be", anyway.

I was also a bit shocked to learn that certain scene in Breaking Bad was planned ahead. I always thought it was probably added in once AMC started giving Gilligan problems and he was trying to "end" the show in case it couldn't return.

kidgloves
10-Jun-2012, 09:37 PM
Interesting to hear that he already has an idea on how to end the show. Or "where it should be", anyway.

I was also a bit shocked to learn that certain scene in Breaking Bad was planned ahead. I always thought it was probably added in once AMC started giving Gilligan problems and he was trying to "end" the show in case it couldn't return.

I found it all very interesting Bass.
Good idea for TWD writers to use Ipads so there's no paper trail after last years ridiculous leaks.

bassman
10-Jun-2012, 10:38 PM
I found it all very interesting Bass.
Good idea for TWD writers to use Ipads so there's no paper trail after last years ridiculous leaks.

No paper trail will help, but there are already things leaking out from the set. Location shooting is f*cked, but the things shot on set(prison) should be okay.

kidgloves
11-Jun-2012, 07:47 AM
No paper trail will help, but there are already things leaking out from the set. Location shooting is f*cked, but the things shot on set(prison) should be okay.

Once the seasons underway, I'm staying away from spoilers as best as possible. It totally ruined the last 3 episodes for me even though I didn't know all that was going to happen. It must be difficult for you though being a moderator an all on a TWD specific forum.

MinionZombie
11-Jun-2012, 09:46 AM
Hmmm... well if there are Breaking Bad spoilers in it, I'd better not watch it (I've only seen season one of BB, I had hoped FX were going to show the lot as they seemed to suggest, but they only did the first season and jacked it in ... I don't think any channel in the UK shows BB, which is a bit of an oversight wouldn't you say? Maybe Sky Atlantic will come to the rescue sometime...)

bassman
11-Jun-2012, 12:52 PM
Hmmm... well if there are Breaking Bad spoilers in it, I'd better not watch it (I've only seen season one of BB, I had hoped FX were going to show the lot as they seemed to suggest, but they only did the first season and jacked it in ... I don't think any channel in the UK shows BB, which is a bit of an oversight wouldn't you say? Maybe Sky Atlantic will come to the rescue sometime...)

Just spring for the blu rays, dude. They're worth every cent. I had the first couple, but sold them off in anticipation of a series set within the next couple of years.

Or....ya know....ya could just view them right now. Drop me a pm if you need a link. ;)

MinionZombie
11-Jun-2012, 05:33 PM
I've been meaning to get around to Breaking Bad, properly I mean, not just season one - but you get distracted and such. I've been on a massive Mad Men kick in recent months (I'm now totally caught up, thanks to a friend who loaned me her DVD boxsets), so I must get back to Breaking Bad. I keep hearing such good things about the show, and keep pestering myself to get back to it - one of these days I'll get on with it! :D

krisvds
14-Jun-2012, 07:28 AM

Looks like if you want to remain completely un-spoiled it's time to turn off the goddamn internet for a couple of months.
It's no spoiler anymore, mind you, it's an 'announcement'.
Oh well. Nothing that surprising I guess, ..

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/13/the-walking-dead-season-3-image-of-merles-return

Thorn
14-Jun-2012, 12:29 PM
Looks like if you want to remain completely un-spoiled it's time to turn off the goddamn internet for a couple of months.
It's no spoiler anymore, mind you, it's an 'announcement'.
Oh well. Nothing that surprising I guess, ..

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/13/the-walking-dead-season-3-image-of-merles-return

Oh GOD... the link says it all. (but the link is blocked for me...damn it! I can not read any of these nuggets of wisdom)

bassman
14-Jun-2012, 12:35 PM
Oh GOD... the link says it all. (but the link is blocked for me...damn it! I can not read any of these nuggets of wisdom)

Although I think it's very silly of AMC to officially release this photo, I suppose they have their reasons. This is what's in the link(Spoiler....?):

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/06/Merle-610x429.jpg

krisvds
14-Jun-2012, 02:50 PM
Just so you guys would know: I would never have posted this hadn't AMC themselves 'announced' this. It will be all over the net in no time.
Agree with Bassman; 't is a silly move

MinionZombie
14-Jun-2012, 04:57 PM
Although we all knew he was going to return to the show at some point, you just knew it was going to happen, and you were hoping for it to happen too.

Regarding the pic - the stump-cover he's got looks cool, but also very convincing. It really does look like he's missing a hand, there. I wonder if Merle managed to make it to Woodsbury and that's where they find him - surely someone had to set him up with that stump cover after all.

bassman
14-Jun-2012, 05:11 PM
Although we all knew he was going to return to the show at some point, you just knew it was going to happen, and you were hoping for it to happen too.

Regarding the pic - the stump-cover he's got looks cool, but also very convincing. It really does look like he's missing a hand, there. I wonder if Merle managed to make it to Woodsbury and that's where they find him - surely someone had to set him up with that stump cover after all.

It's more than what's seen in that previous picture:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2jcj9z7.jpg

He also has spike for a hand and is riding in The Governor's truck. Could he be Governor's right hand man?(pun intended)

Also, could he have different weapons attachments for that hand? Pretty cool, if so...