PDA

View Full Version : VA hospital held up by $3 million zombie fence

Sammich
11-Jun-2012, 10:38 PM
Another zombie reference by a government agency.

Why would a VA hospital need such an elaborate fence? Veterans are always saying how inadequate and underfunded the services are at VA facilities. Is the purpose of the fence to keep things out or to keep things in?

VA hospital held up by $3 million 'zombie fence'? (http://www.omaha.com/article/20120611/NEWS01/706119943#va-hospital-held-up-by-3-million-zombie-fence)

The new veterans hospital planned for Omaha is in danger of being delayed — possibly for years — by other VA projects that are taking far longer and costing many millions of dollars more than projected.

And the planned Omaha VA hospital, slated to open in 2018, already is experiencing cost overruns of its own that could further complicate its completion, said U.S. Rep. Lee Terry, R-Neb.

His least favorite overrun: a $3 million security fence recently added to the project by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' national construction office.

Terry said the fence is meant partly to keep nonveterans out in the event of a disaster. Terry staffers have dubbed it the “Zombie Fence'' and joked about how it would keep the hospital safe in the event of a zombie invasion.

babomb
12-Jun-2012, 07:23 AM
That's weird. So it's basically gonna be there to seal the hospital off in case of a natural disaster? Why is that an important thing to do?

Thorn
12-Jun-2012, 12:49 PM
It is interesting. Could of course just be a tongue in cheek sort of joke, but that would seem sorely out of place given the audience here, and the subject matter. If it was a "joke" it is poorly timed due to the fact that many people have died or been injured recently due to the whole 'bath salts" zombie thing.

While I do not think officials should be banned from making jokes, and I do not think zombie references are unusual in our culture these days I do think this is an odd time and inappropriate place for this to come up.

slickwilly13
12-Jun-2012, 03:19 PM
That's weird. So it's basically gonna be there to seal the hospital off in case of a natural disaster? Why is that an important thing to do?

They want to keep certain people out.

LouCipherr
12-Jun-2012, 04:17 PM
They want to keep certain people out.

Is it that, or do they want to keep certain people IN? :shifty:

Mike70
12-Jun-2012, 04:26 PM
Is it that, or do they want to keep certain people IN? :shifty:

:lol: this is more likely.

the services at the VA are excellent in my opinion. the new VA is nothing like the old. yeah, i'm sure one could find anecdotes about people with bad experiences but i'll never go anywhere for healthcare again and it is because of the changes at the VA in the last several years. i spend a lot of time volunteering at the VA and it is an example of how "socialized" medicine not only works but can take a dreadful organization like the VA and turn it into a world class healthcare system. americans should be proud of the VA and the work it does. they didn't fuck these people up, take their limbs, destroy their mental states, etc. that's the work of whores in expensive suits in washington.

LouCipherr
12-Jun-2012, 06:36 PM
:lol: this is more likely.

Mike - we laugh, but I'm serious. I've always said that those fences around those "fancy, guarded/fenced neighborhoods" weren't to keep people out, but to keep people in.

Man, WTF is it with me lately? I've gone completely mad with conspiracy theories! :lol:

Mike70
12-Jun-2012, 06:46 PM
Man, WTF is it with me lately? I've gone completely mad with conspiracy theories! :lol:
you've been watching too many episodes of "ancient aliens" on the so-called history channel and that greek dude with the huge hair has sent tendrils of paranoia out that have taken root in your brain.

or you are getting 2012 psychosis. the closer we get to dec. the more people in the US are going to lose their fooking minds.

on another note: i was looking down a list of end time "prophecies" last night. there have been literally HUNDREDS of them just since about 1500 or so. Jesus appears to be one of those dinner guests who is always just a block or two away from your house when they are 20 mins. late already.

EvilNed
12-Jun-2012, 06:56 PM
you've been watching too many episodes of "ancient aliens" on the so-called history channel and that greek dude with the huge hair has sent tendrils of paranoia out that have taken root in your brain.

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ao4ebcf400.jpg

Danny
12-Jun-2012, 08:55 PM
http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ao4ebcf400.jpg

You know shits going to pot when twice in a week there has been a real news story posted on here with this fucker posted as a reaction :lol: