PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone ever see concert footage of the Rolling Stones' free show at Altamont?

Venomous
03-Jul-2006, 06:45 PM
Talk about Night of the Living Dead!

:lol:

Or it could have been just a northern song...

Mike70
03-Jul-2006, 06:52 PM
yes i have. particularly love the part where the hell's angels seem to be randomly beating members of the crowd with pool cues. that was an ugly, ugly scene.

Venomous
03-Jul-2006, 06:55 PM
yes i have. particularly love the part where the hell's angels seem to be randomly beating members of the crowd with pool cues. that was an ugly, ugly scene.

Eerily enough, the Stones were belting out Symapthy for the Devil when they stabbed that black guy.

That's life when you're rocking out to a northern song...

Zombie-A-GoGo
04-Jul-2006, 09:33 PM
Gimme Shelter is an awesome movie (I really like most Maysles docs). Altamont was expected to be another Woodtsock. For an interesting perspective, watch the Woodstock movie and then watch Gimme Shelter--it's just amazing that both could have occurred in the same year. You go from happy, sunny, bright, cooperative, making the best out of a hard situation, to darkness, intolerance, and violence. It's harsh.

axlish
04-Jul-2006, 10:08 PM
It is an eerie documentary. I actually picked the guy that does the shooting out of the crowd before he does it. Just a weird all-around concert and a great example of why we pay security at these events and don't rely on dousche-bags like the Hell's Angels.

Pushead Jim
05-Jul-2006, 03:48 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altamont_Music_Festival it should be noted that no angel was ever convicted. it was proven in court they acted in self defense as far as the stabbing. i saw a documentry about this music festival on Vh1 once. they interviewed people that were there including members of the jefferson airplane along with others. the weird vibe came from the bad batch of acid that was being passed around that day. the angels had also provided security at many dead shows prior to this with no problems.