PDA

View Full Version : Seeking a Friend for the End of the World (film)

Neil
25-Jun-2012, 11:09 AM
Steve Carell and Keira Knightley team up for the end of the world! Looks like it could be fun.

m7FKVAuDv8M

MinionZombie
25-Jun-2012, 03:59 PM
That does look pretty good - I'll definitely watch it. :)

Danny
25-Jun-2012, 04:37 PM
Been looking forward to this one for a while. I think Carell is this generation of comedy's bill murray in the sense that when hes funny he can really make you laugh out loud but those rare times he does something serious hes really f*cking good and you wish he would do more of that. cant wait for this one since the writer/ directors last flick 'Nick and norahs infinite playlist' was another recent flick i really dug.

MinionZombie
25-Jun-2012, 04:58 PM
Been looking forward to this one for a while. I think Carell is this generation of comedy's bill murray in the sense that when hes funny he can really make you laugh out loud but those rare times he does something serious hes really fucking good and you wish he would do more of that. cant wait for this one since the writer/ directors last flick 'Nick and norahs infinite playlist' was another recent flick i really dug.

Ah was it now? I really dug that flick too - was surprised by how much I liked it, so there's another reason to check out this flick. :)

Neil
09-Jul-2012, 10:20 AM
Is this out in the US yet? If so, any of you guys seen it?

rongravy
09-Jul-2012, 08:13 PM
Is this out in the US yet? If so, any of you guys seen it?
It's been out, I just don't think it's done well at all. I'm waiting until it gets to the cheap theater.
Looks like Dan in the Real World at the End of the World to me...
When he pretty much plays himself, it's usually pretty boring.

Neil
09-Jul-2012, 09:10 PM
^^ The reviews seem all over the place!

rongravy
10-Jul-2012, 12:06 AM
http://movies.yahoo.com/box-office/
Well, it didn't even place in the top 20 last weekend.
It seems 50/50 as far as the reviews go. I know no one personally who has seen it.

Mike70
12-Jul-2012, 04:24 PM
steve carrell is an absolute kiss of death as far as i'm concerned. that dude is at the very bottom of my interest list along with the talking piece of cardboard known as michael cera, the fat fool known as seth rogan, wil ferrell, and the walking oak tree known as nic cage.