PDA

View Full Version : Alan Partridge (film) - Ahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Neil
26-Jun-2012, 10:58 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18592044

The long-gestating Alan Partridge movie will reach cinemas next August, its UK distributor has confirmed.

The film will see Steve Coogan's comic creation attempt to "salvage his public career while negotiating a potentially violent turn of events".

Speaking in character, Coogan said the backing of French company StudioCanal made it "the greatest Anglo-French co-operation since the Normandy landings".

The production is also supported by BBC Films and the BFI Film Fund.

Coogan's buffoonish broadcaster began life as a spoof sports reporter on Radio 4's On the Hour before moving to television on BBC Two's The Day Today.

Partridge went on to star in a number of BBC series and was seen this week on Sky Atlantic in the one-hour special Welcome to the Places of My Life.

Directed by Declan Lowney, The Alan Partridge Movie will be written by Coogan, Peter Baynham and Armando Iannucci. Neil and Rob Gibbons will also contribute.

The film is set to begin shooting on 7 January and will be released in the UK on 16 August.

Neil
08-Feb-2013, 08:57 AM
Filming has begun! I do hope it retains some of the magic of the original TV series!

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Alan-Partridge-Movie-Filming-Adds-Colm-Meaney-Others-Cast-35619.html

Deadline reports that filming finally began in the U.K. for The Alan Partridge Movie, and its cast has grown larger. Colm Meaney (Hell on Wheels), Anna Maxwell Martin (Becoming Jane), Sean Pertwee (Event Horizon), Monica Dolan (Sightseers), and Dustin Demri-Burns (Life’s Too Short) have all been added to the film’s already sizable list of actors, including returning cast members Felicity Montagu, Tim Key, Simon Greenall, Phil Cornwell, Nigel Lindsay and Darren Boyd.

EvilNed
09-Feb-2013, 02:11 PM
Yeah, could be good.

I've yet to watch everything Partridgey, but I much enjoy Coogan's onscreen persona in Tristram Shandy and the Trip, which is at times strikingly similar to his portrayal of Alan Partridge.

Neil
26-Feb-2013, 11:13 AM
Alan with a shotgun? Arghaaaaaaa!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-21582516

Legion2213
04-Mar-2013, 12:08 PM
"Give me another series you shit!"

Dunno about an actual movie to be honest, TV series never transfer well to movies IMO (watched half of the "Rising Damp" movie over Christmas...absolutely terrible)

Neil
22-Mar-2013, 10:15 AM
1kzHMIKoiME

Neil
07-Aug-2013, 03:09 PM
Going tonight... Kiss my face!

MinionZombie
07-Aug-2013, 04:36 PM
Going tonight... Kiss my face!

JURASSIC PARK! :)

It got a 4/5 in Total Film - they rather dug it - so apparently it's quite good. I definitely want to see it, but not sure I'd get to see it in the cinema - a DVD/BR pre-order though, I'm sure of it.

Neil
08-Aug-2013, 10:44 AM
I enjoyed it. It is no where near as strong as "classic Partidge," but the film is good fun!

Neil
12-Aug-2013, 07:27 PM
Top British box office! - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23672740

shootemindehead
13-Aug-2013, 12:16 AM
The trailer I saw during a showing of 'Once Upon a Time in the West' a couple of weeks ago didn't do it any favours, I have to admit.

MinionZombie
13-Aug-2013, 09:51 AM
Hopefully it does well - I've heard only good things about it. :)

I was watching an episode of the TV show on Gold last night - the one where he pierces his foot on a spiiiiiiike :lol::lol::lol: - and I was creased up with laughter throughout. The intricacy of the jokes too - like his shambolic meeting with the fireplace company representative at his building site home, and the 'meeting room' was two sofas on either side of a mens' toilet door balanced precariously on a workmate - things like Alan picking up individual oranges out of the bowl as Lynn sets down cups of tea etc - brilliant stuff.

I'll have to get the complete box set and gorge myself silly. I went to Uni in 'the land of Partridge', and hadn't seen the show before, so one of my housemates (and a local) introduced me to the show and I remember gasping with laughter during each episode. Even if Alpha Papa is only half-as-funny, it'll be bloody hilarious. :)

Neil
13-Aug-2013, 09:58 AM
^^ Yeh, I watched that very episode last night!

I would say the film doesn't match that level most of the time...

shootemindehead
13-Aug-2013, 10:15 AM
Same here. The fireplace conference was absolutely priceless.