PDA

View Full Version : Fourth time lucky Mr Cruise...

Neil
29-Jun-2012, 07:06 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18653268

Hollywood A-listers Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are divorcing, bringing an end to a five-year marriage.

The office of celebrity divorce lawyer Jonathan Wolfe confirmed the divorce. "This is a personal and private matter" he said in a statement.

The couple have a six-year daughter, Suri, and Cruise, 49, has two children from his marriage to Nicole Kidman.

Cruise married Holmes, 33, his third wife, in an Italian castle in November 2006.

EvilNed
29-Jun-2012, 07:09 PM
And yeah, Gay marriage removes the sanctity of this act how?

Danny
29-Jun-2012, 09:28 PM
And yeah, Gay marriage removes the sanctity of this act how?

because those monstrous gays arent known to beat their wives and push them down stairs to abort children not fit for thier labour camps like these honest, straight american scientologist marriadges...

rongravy
29-Jun-2012, 09:30 PM
I guess she can start wearing heels again.

Mike70
02-Jul-2012, 05:11 PM
if there is one symptom of just how fooked up our culture is and how asinine its fascination with "celebrities" is, it has to be someone being called a "celebrity divorce lawyer."

why do people give a shit? i'll never understand...

Danny
02-Jul-2012, 05:31 PM
so rupert murdoc, of all people, is getting shit for calling out scientology as an evil cult saying she needs to get her daughter waway from cruise.

grab the popcorn, this is going to be spectacular. :lol:

but on a serious note, that poor kid, thats gonna be a miechal jackson level of confused teenager in a decade or so.

LouCipherr
02-Jul-2012, 06:16 PM
Well, at least now Tom and John Travolta can finally hook up. :shifty:

:lol:

AcesandEights
02-Jul-2012, 06:25 PM
Well, at least now Tom and John Travolta can finally hook up. :shifty:

:lol:

For two very suspect individuals, have they ever been in the same movie together? I can't think of one, but they've both been in so many movies I haven't bothered seeing I can't say for certain. Talk about two people who have been in a slew of bad/phoned-in movies the last 20 years (sure, and a few good ones).

LouCipherr
02-Jul-2012, 07:33 PM
For two very suspect individuals, have they ever been in the same movie together?

I don't think so, but perhaps that was a calculated move so no one suspected anything. :shifty: :D

Tricky
03-Jul-2012, 10:13 PM
I've heard (allegedly) that Cruise and Holmes marriage was a 5 year agreed fixed contract, and also that Cruise is unable to have kids for whatever reason, and that Suri is actually Chris Kleins kid from when Holmes was dating him. "Celebrities" sure do move in mysterious ways. And scientology is just batshit crazy

Neil
04-Jul-2012, 07:21 AM
I've heard (allegedly) that Cruise and Holmes marriage was a 5 year agreed fixed contract, and also that Cruise is unable to have kids for whatever reason, and that Suri is actually Chris Kleins kid from when Holmes was dating him. "Celebrities" sure do move in mysterious ways. And scientology is just batshit crazy

^^ :rolleyes:

Rottedfreak
04-Jul-2012, 08:23 AM
So the power went out and her foot brace deactivated. Good for her.

Neil
04-Jul-2012, 10:13 AM
I have a lot of time for Mr Cruise, and from all reports - including first hand accounts from one of his fellow actors on MI3 - he seems like a very approachable, generous and friendly guy.

But I just cannot fathom his relationship with scientology. He really believes in Thetans? Really?

EDIT: This article seems to sort of mirror my views - http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/opinion/columnists/gail-walker/scientologys-rubbish-but-does-tom-cruise-really-deserve-such-hate-16180237.html

In PR terms Cruise has been his own worst enemy. Odd beliefs plus innate jealousy plus earnestness equals open season: hence the 'to lose one wife may look like an accident but to lose three ...' mockery. Still, that's the reasoning of the kangaroo court.

Cruise is a clean cut star. He's never been caught taking drugs, picking up prostitutes or womanising. He stands for hours in the rain at premieres to talk to fans. For all the flak, he remains a huge box office draw. Scientology may be a load of old Thetan nonsense but that shouldn't blind us to the fact that a pretty decent guy got dumped in a spectacularly public and cruel way just days after his wife held hands with him in public. A loving father, he'll now have to fight for access to his daughter.

Perhaps before rushing to judgement we should remember it takes two to tango, two to make a marriage and two to have a divorce.

shootemindehead
04-Jul-2012, 11:24 AM
if there is one symptom of just how fooked up our culture is and how asinine its fascination with "celebrities" is, it has to be someone being called a "celebrity divorce lawyer."

why do people give a shit? i'll never understand...

Amen.