View Full Version : Dead State: Zombie Survival RPG

Craig
03-Jul-2012, 05:59 PM
Just thought I'd bring the attention of anyone reading this forum to a game called Dead State that's currently in development.
It's going to be a turn-based RPG and tactics game the likes of Fallout, X-Com and Jagged Alliance.

rMl-_9J1gtg

Lots more info the website:
http://www.deadstate.doublebearproductions.com/

For anyone keen on Kickstarter it's currently on its last two days if you want to to chip in.

LouCipherr
03-Jul-2012, 06:17 PM
"Dead State"? Really? :lol:

Craig
03-Jul-2012, 06:23 PM
It's set in Texas I believe so the name is probably a play on 'Red State'.

Neil
03-Jul-2012, 09:12 PM
A turn based tactical zombie game - This is what I've been asking for for ten years!!?!?!? But do you control a single character, or a team!? Can't seem to find out!?

Rancid Carcass
03-Jul-2012, 09:57 PM
But do you control a single character, or a team!? Can't seem to find out!?

From the 'about' section on the website:

-Strategic turn-based gameplay: combines single-player character control with streamlined ally AI management, allowing for innovative party control

Though what the hell that means is anyones guess! It's looking good though.

Neil
04-Jul-2012, 07:18 AM
^^ Hmmm....

I want to control a group of 3-4 people. I want each to have differing skills/attributes. I want to be able to make two of them defend a door, while 1-2 others get the supplies from inside. I want to be able to send one elsewhere to be a lookout etc etc. I want to be able to send two to help move the survivors we've found from A->B while my other 1-2 characters scout ahead to clear the way...

Etc etc....

AI will not permit this :(

Craig
04-Jul-2012, 09:13 AM
I would think you have some control over your squad members, perhaps with a degree of autonomy for the AI. I mean, I don't really see how a game like this would work otherwise. It's no good if you're out on a scavenging mission and your carefully picked team members are just doing whatever the hell they want.

From the Kickstarter page:

-Reactive AI that responds realistically to combat situations, player commands, and the state of panic from the presence of zombies.

Neil
04-Jul-2012, 09:15 AM
^^ Fingers crossed!

shootemindehead
04-Jul-2012, 11:30 AM
Looks like it was made 15 years ago.

Anyway, if it's good to play, looks don't matter.

clanglee
05-Jul-2012, 02:39 AM
Love me some turn based RPGs. And love me some Zombies. . . .so fingers crossed here as well!

Craig
06-Jul-2012, 10:02 AM
Well the Kickstarter is finished and it got just over double the funding initially asked for, which is pretty coo'.

Neil
06-Jul-2012, 01:30 PM
Don't get those Kickstarters... The people donating the money don't get any financial recompense?

SymphonicX
11-Jul-2012, 02:53 PM
Turn based? Hmmm...

I swear these zombie games are SO over complicated....I'm now a full convert to Day Z - simplicity creates it's own natural dramas...

Neil
11-Jul-2012, 08:37 PM
Turn based? Hmmm...

I swear these zombie games are SO over complicated....I'm now a full convert to Day Z - simplicity creates it's own natural dramas...

DayZ is a FPS...

Turn based will (hopefully) allow tactical play, and a different take on the horror!

SymphonicX
12-Jul-2012, 08:47 AM
I spose you gotta have a pre-disposition for those sort of games...Day z though could just as easily be a top down type game like this one and still have more balls.