View Full Version : Does anyone know where I could Trade-In used PC games in the UK?

MinionZombie
05-Jul-2012, 06:13 PM
It's easy enough to find somewhere to trade-in your console games, but what about your old PC games? I've got more than 30 used (but "like new" condition) PC games just sitting around.

None of the titles I have require internet or Steam activation (they're all CD/DVD Keys authentifications), but I haven't been able to really find anywhere to trade these in - it'd be mad to just chuck them out - so does anyone know of a reputable place where I could trade them in ... and not feckin' eBay or any such site (I hate those sites, and I don't want to be hassled selling each individual game myself).

Probably a fruitless question to ask, but figured I would anyway just in case.

Danny
05-Jul-2012, 07:15 PM
All games stores nowadays have a policy of not part exchanging games that require CD keys or activation codes of any kind, at least anywhere between nottingham and manchester in my experience, its just not done anymore. Last i saw was probably a gamestation selling a preowned copy of world of warcraft in like 2005.

Andy
05-Jul-2012, 07:37 PM
What games you got?

MinionZombie
06-Jul-2012, 09:39 AM
What games you got?

Oh blimey, I'd have to dig out the list, but for example, said collection includes:

Hitman 2, Hitman Contracts, Hitman Blood Money, STALKER games (Shadow of Chernobyl: Radiation Edition, Clear Sky, and Call of Pripyat), Fallout 3 (plus Broken Steel & Point Lookout pack), Doom 3 (plus Resurrection of Evil), even much older titles like Kingpin, Evil Dead Hail to the King, etc ... there's a whole bunch, I've got a list of them upstairs but I can't be arsed to move right now, hehe.

I think it's daft that stores don't accept PC games that only require CD-Keys, because these titles don't even have activation limits.