PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye and thanks Ernest Borgnine!

Neil
09-Jul-2012, 08:08 AM
He wasn't your classic good looking Hollywood heart throb, but he oozed charisma on screen. Can't think of a time I didn't see him, and didn't enjoy it!

If I recall he married Ethel Merman and was divorced in about a month? That went well!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-18764244

Oscar-winning actor Ernest Borgnine, whose career spanned more than 60 years, has died, his spokesman has said.

He died of renal failure in a Los Angeles hospital with his family by his side, his spokesman, Harry Flynn, told the Associated Press.

Mr Borgnine, who was 95 years old, continued acting until recently with a role in the hospital drama ER in 2009.

He won an Oscar in 1955 for his role in the film Marty.

HIs family released a statement saying Borgnine "had been in excellent health until a recent illness".

Borgnine was also known for his roles in western The Wild Bunch and disaster movie The Poseidon Adventure.
Ernest Borgnine poses for a portrait at his home in Beverly Hills Borgnine was considered one of Hollywood's leading character actors

His TV series McHale's Navy was also a major success in the United States. He is also remembered for his role as the jovial Dominic Santini in the 1980s series Airwolf.

3I_PeLNzxNQ

bassman
09-Jul-2012, 01:14 PM
Goodbye, Mermaid Man.

rongravy
09-Jul-2012, 08:15 PM
Always loved the "Borg", especially in Baseketball.
RIP.

CoinReturn
09-Jul-2012, 10:10 PM
I'll be watching the MST3k'd "Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders" tonight in his honor.