PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed movie has it's star...

Cykotic
09-Jul-2012, 12:29 PM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a392371/michael-fassbender-to-star-in-produce-assassins-creed-movie.html

so, what do we think of this? personally, I think he is a brilliant actor and he might just do it well...

Neil
09-Jul-2012, 01:34 PM
The games' storyline follows a bartender who learns that he is a descendant of famous assassins after being kidnapped by the Knights Templar. The action takes place during the Crusades and Renaissance.Huh?

Is that the premise of the game(s)? Is this a modern day bartender? Or one X hundred years ago?

EvilNed
09-Jul-2012, 01:35 PM
The game is told in flashbacks. It's a modern day bartender.

MinionZombie
09-Jul-2012, 06:13 PM
Desmond - the descendent - is in the present day, and they use a machine called the "Animus" to send him back in time into the body of his blood relatives centuries beforehand to show off some sweet-ass parkour moves in ye olden days. :D

Never played AC1, but have played AC2 and AC:Brotherhood (and enjoyed both, despite some flaws) ... so if Fassbender does indeed star in this, perhaps we'll finally get a proper videogame-to-movie adaptation? Who knows - the script is what counts, of course. Silent Hill is the only decent videogame-to-movie adaptation I can think of (even though I rather enjoyed Mortal Kombat as a teenager, but haven't seen it since those days).

Mr. Clean
09-Jul-2012, 06:28 PM
Yeah the "Animus" ticks me off....I know they were just trying to make the story line deeper in depth or something along those lines but had the creators left that bs out and had just a Assassins vs Templars plot....I'd been much more impressed. None the less, the games are great.

Neil
09-Jul-2012, 06:31 PM
Desmond - the descendent - is in the present day, and they use a machine called the "Animus" to send him back in time into the body of his blood relatives centuries beforehand.
That sounds very daft!

MinionZombie
09-Jul-2012, 07:03 PM
That sounds very daft!

Just another form of time travel, and all to unravel a vast conspiracy run by the Templars ... sort of re-writing history ... when you play the game it's really not that daft at all. Although whenever you have to play as Desmond in the present day, you don't half pine for 15th/16th century Italy hehe (or whatever time the first game - that I never played - was set in).

Still got to play AC: Revelations though (which, in a way, looks more-of-the-same in the Ezio story line ... so that'd be a £10 purchase in my view, as I could probably rack up a 33.33p per hour of gameplay ratio on that, which in my mind is very good indeed ... yes, that's the Scot in me talking :lol:).