PDA

View Full Version : Oz: The Great and Powerful

bassman
13-Jul-2012, 12:40 PM
Sam Raimi's prequel to The Wizard of Oz:

H9ZTP2k0DRc

Looks fun, but kinda gives me vibes of Burton's Alice in Wonderland and I very much disliked that little experiment. However, this seems like a good project for Raimi and it's got a great cast. I watch the original film with my daughter all the time, so she should be interested in this one at least.

LouCipherr
13-Jul-2012, 04:59 PM
I only saw two things that relate back to the original movie: flying monkeys and a tornado. How is this a prequel?! :duh:

No thanks, Raimi. I have a special place for the original. This will only serve to tarnish it.

Like Alice in Wonderland, they should've left well enough alone.

bassman
13-Jul-2012, 06:02 PM
I only saw two things that relate back to the original movie: flying monkeys and a tornado. How is this a prequel?! :duh:

Well....because its....ummm.....about THE WIZARD OF OZ, maybe? :p

Franco is the Wizard...

LouCipherr
13-Jul-2012, 06:35 PM
Well....because its....ummm.....about THE WIZARD OF OZ, maybe? :p

:lol:

Touche' bass, I see what you're saying, but wouldn't you think they'd put a few more "familiar" elements into the movie (and especially the trailer) to link 'em together? Just sayin'... :D

It does look like a decent cast, though. Hopefully they'll release a bit more from the flick and let on to a little bit more. Right now, I'm not convinced. But then again, I'm probably also the most hard-headed of the bunch here when it comes to prequels, sequels and remakes. ;)