PDA

View Full Version : Contains Spoilers! Breaking Bad season 5

bassman
14-Jul-2012, 12:56 PM
Comic Con Trailer:

HZftnsWLHdM

Not a bad trailer, but they should put as much effort into BB's trailers as they do for TWD's trailers. BB is the better show between the two, honestly.

Premieres tomorrow night!:hyper:

ProfessorChaos
16-Jul-2012, 03:18 AM
even as last season ended, i know that the footage from those cameras would come back to bite them in the ass.....odd to see they squashed that bug so quick.

however, that broken picture frame and whatever was wrote inside is sure to make some waves in walt's pond.

and AMC can stick this new line of programming up their asses. small town security? who fucking cares?

ProfessorChaos
23-Jul-2012, 10:55 PM
last night's episode was awesome. i guess with only 8 for this half of the season, they've got to get the ball rolling quickly...but man, things are really picking up fast.

lots of screen time for mike last night, which is a good thing as he's one of the best characters on the show....walt should feel lucky to have such a reliable parter-in-crime.

and holy crap, that interrogation scene between hank and mike was tense. i think i was more nervous than mike was!

the first two episodes of this season have already been better than the entire 5th season of mad men....of course, that ain't saying much.

kidgloves
24-Jul-2012, 07:31 PM
Recently got my brother into BB and he's ploughing his way through all the seasons like a lunatic. I've also started rewatching it from Season 2 with him so we can can talk about it etc. Very interesting thing to do, especially watching Season 5 at the same time.

ProfessorChaos
06-Aug-2012, 10:30 PM
mike's right, lydia needs to die....talk about a liability. and walt's happiness obviously peaked during this episode with junior and all the car action/talking. i think things are very soon going to take a very dark turn for mr. white....that watch ticking away at the episode's end was very ominous.

newpen
08-Aug-2012, 03:32 AM
Breaking Bad, I only watching ss2, but so good, I willl watch last see, waitting...

childofgilead
12-Aug-2012, 06:47 AM
Best show on tv, period. This show makes me feel more dread and suspense than one about the world dying and being overrun by mindless automatons..and zombies, too.

ProfessorChaos
13-Aug-2012, 09:17 PM
man, the train robbery scene was probably the most intense moment i've seen on tv since hank's ambush in season 3....in fact, this may have been even more heart-pounding.

and that ending....damn. talk about a punch to the nuts.

bassman
14-Aug-2012, 03:37 PM
Indeed. My wife and I were on the edge of our seats through the entire thing. Which was what....about thirty minutes? It felt like it was taking forever. In a good way.

bassman
27-Aug-2012, 12:20 PM
Why Walt, WHYYYYY?!? My heart sank when that window shattered. I loved *that* character.

So far they're doing an excellent job turning Walt into the bad guy. I'm really starting to hate him....

clanglee
28-Aug-2012, 07:15 AM
Yeah, Walt has become a full on villain at this point. Sucks about Mike, he was the only one who saw Walt for what he really is and called him on his bullshit.

MinionZombie
03-Sep-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm finally all caught up on Breaking Bad, woo!

Regarding the finale moment...
You knew it would happen sooner or later, and it certainly seems that they've been playing a lot of Walt's ego and sense of grandeur, and even some weird sort of revenge for selling his stake in that company that's now worth billions ... and as it so often seems to be the case, it's the little details that matter most, and there you go, you keep this bloody book and you don't even bother to hide it, let alone tear the front page out.

An interesting start to the season too, with that flash forward to his 52nd birthday, getting himself tooled up with a massive feck-off gun. Something to look forward to in the back-end of the season, but good god, a year long wait for eight more episodes?!

Regarding 5x07 though, aye, I too was gutted when you-know-who got snuffed out as he was one of my favourite characters, but it works thematically as the 'peak' of Walt's villainy in this run of episodes, and something for him to step back from and reconsider himself.

Something I've noticed as the show continues, there's many moments where you think "if only he/they/she hadn't done this one thing, it would have all worked out" ... and you can trace it back further and further, to Walt accepting (rather than refusing) the financial help of his former business partners, or even further back with him not selling his share in that company for $5,000 ... so every time there seems to be 'an out' in the show, you sit there screaming for them to take it (like recently where they had the methlamine ... spelling? ... and they could have sold out and nabbed five-ruddy-million-a-piece and been out of the business and gone their separate ways) ... of course, if that happened the show wouldn't continue, but you know what I mean? You just wish that they'd make a right decision after so many wrong decisions.

Anyway, it's going to be fascinating to see how they wrap everything up in the final eight episodes after that mid-season closer ... it wasn't explosive, like season four's amazing closer, but it was thematically-speaking a nitrogen bomb. Also, the montage sequence was excellent. :thumbsup:

Also - agreed on the train heist - I was all screwed up with tension. I got really ramped up by it - they did an excellent job of editing that sequence.

Favourite moment of the season though, has to be Jessie screaming "Yes bitch! Magnets!" :lol: ... for a moment there it was like Breaking Bad crossed with The A-Team. :D

ProfessorChaos
03-Sep-2012, 04:49 PM
i knew that walt was gonna have all of mike guys killed at the same time....like a boss. totally loved the inclusion of "crystal blue persuasion" during the montage of walt's empire taking over. such a fitting song.

i'm a bit surprised it took hank that long to finally stumble upon something to link walt to everything...but i can't wait to see how he handles this new information.

such a brilliant show....it's gonna be a long wait till next summer.

MinionZombie
08-Sep-2012, 10:22 AM
Here's a Nerdist Writer's Panel podcast featuring Vince Gilligan and a bunch of the writers talking about 501-508. Apparently the audio is a bit wonky to begin with, but sorts out after a few minutes. Enjoy.

http://www.nerdist.com/2012/09/nerdist-writers-panel-54-breaking-bad-season-five-in-review/

MikePizzoff
09-Sep-2012, 10:42 PM
Let me get this out of the way: This has probably been my favorite season thus far. Brilliant.

My main question of concern is: Why the hell didn't they just call these 8 episodes Season 5, and the shit coming out next summer be Season 6??? They didn't even write or film the second half of the season yet. I just don't get it!

bassman
10-Sep-2012, 01:34 AM
My main question of concern is: Why the hell didn't they just call these 8 episodes Season 5, and the shit coming out next summer be Season 6??? They didn't even write or film the second half of the season yet. I just don't get it!

It seems like AMC is just milking the series. They know this is the end of Breaking Bad, so they're trying to stretch it out as long as possible. The break in TWD made sense because of the holiday season, but splitting the final season of BB by an entire year is pointless....

shootemindehead
10-Sep-2012, 02:12 AM
I agree Bass. It's bugging the crap out of me.

MinionZombie
10-Sep-2012, 09:57 AM
Aye, it seems entirely daft. Regardless of when it's on, they'll make advertising dollars, so why this stupidly long wait? Grrr...

Despite the stupidly long wait though, I look forward to seeing what Gilligan and Co come up with to wrap everything up. It's been a tip-top show.

shootemindehead
10-Sep-2012, 10:36 AM
Perhaps AMC is just carefully husbanding their output? I don't know anything else about them, other than 'The Walking Dead' and 'Breaking Bad'. Although Mike is entirely correct. Why not just call the flippin thing series 6 next year? Especially if it hasn't actually been filmed yet?

American TV is odd.

bassman
10-Sep-2012, 10:41 AM
Why not just call the flippin thing series 6 next year? Especially if it hasn't actually been filmed yet?

Has it not been filmed yet? I was under the impression that all filming for BB is done...

MinionZombie
10-Sep-2012, 11:23 AM
Has it not been filmed yet? I was under the impression that all filming for BB is done...

According to that Nerdist Writer's Panel, in which they debriefed on 501-508, they've barely begun writing it, let alone filmed any of it yet.

MikePizzoff
10-Sep-2012, 11:34 AM
According to that Nerdist Writer's Panel, in which they debriefed on 501-508, they've barely begun writing it, let alone filmed any of it yet.

Yeah, I read an interview that was conducted with Vince Gilligan a mere few days ago and he had no idea where they were going to take the story. Thus, JUST CALL IT SEASON 6!

MinionZombie
10-Sep-2012, 05:22 PM
Yeah, I read an interview that was conducted with Vince Gilligan a mere few days ago and he had no idea where they were going to take the story. Thus, JUST CALL IT SEASON 6!

It is slightly weird, with the year-long gap, but I assume that they have an overall arc for the season - they'll probably have an end-point in-mind, perhaps, but no idea how to get there yet and what beats need to be hit along the way, as well as tying up various loose ends etc.

bassman
29-Sep-2012, 01:57 AM
Slightly off topic, but check out these custom BB figures. Unfortunately these aren't available for sale and are customs made to be given to the show's creator/actors/etc, but they're absolutely amazing....

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/ww-actionfigure.jpg

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/heisenberg-actionfigures2.jpg

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/heisenberg-actionfigures.jpg

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/ww-hazmat-actionfigure2.jpg

I've seen a lot of custom figures in my time, and these rank as some of the best. Absolutely stunning.

They're made using Hot Toys figures as the base and customized from there. I have many different figures lining the walls of my "man cave" and I would probably kill to add these to my collection....

MinionZombie
29-Sep-2012, 12:14 PM
They're pretty nifty - love the attention to detail, such as the self-made fly swatter from season four. Speaking of that episode, Cranston did an incredible job in that episode. It was essentially a two-hander in one location, yet it was gripping as all get-out. :cool:

EvilNed
29-Sep-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm in agreement with most that I dislike how they split up season 5 like this.

But so far it's been a great season. It's gonna be a shame that next summer will bring the (probable) end to this great series but things are starting to get a bit out of hand, aren't they? Walt, who was such a control freak in the beginning of the series, is now no longer the calculated and low-risk taker he was at the start, and the way things are heading now there's just too many loose ends that could fuck him up.