PDA

View Full Version : Bourne Legacy (film) - Oh dear...

Neil
11-Aug-2012, 07:33 AM
Seems it doesn't live up to the originals...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57560

THE BOURNE LEGACY wants you to believe that it’s continuing in the same vein as the past films. That another agent wants to continue what Bourne started and expose his corrupt superiors. But really all the movie amounts to is a drug addicted super agent in search of more of the pills that grant him his super soldier status. Jeremy Renner takes center stage as black ops agent Aaron Cross. He’s super smart like Bourne and can disarm and kill you in the blink of an eye like Bourne. However unlike Bourne, he’s not an active field agent as he spends the first 40 minutes of the movie roaming around the Alaskan wilderness avoiding wolves à laTHE GREY.

MinionZombie
11-Aug-2012, 09:33 AM
I've heard that the action is brilliant, but the plot is a bit lacking - that the originals had Bourne's mental state and turmoil to help propel everything along, whereas Cross doesn't have the same depth in this film. Who knows though, they might add to it in an inevitable sequel.

rongravy
11-Aug-2012, 08:55 PM
I've heard that the action is brilliant...
When there is action. But that's only what I've heard, too.
I thought the series sucked with Matt Damon. My guess is that Hawkeye isn't going to make things better.
Not even going to see it in the cheap theater. I'm predicting, hopefully, future additions will be straight to video, or not at all.

Sammich
11-Aug-2012, 11:33 PM
It sounds like the kids coming out of the "ivy league" class of film schools now are just as worthless as the ones with shiny new MBAs. It isn't about making original films anymore, now it is all about taking someone elses successful work and re-imaging it as your own. I guess the only positive thing from all of this is at least it allows for more innovations by people in the CGI and special effects fields.