PDA

View Full Version : [REC] 3: Genesis review

Sammich
12-Aug-2012, 12:14 AM
First of all the movie smoothly transitions away from cinema verite (POV) about 15 minutes in. So people (like me) that get motion sickness from shaky fast panning camera shots can put away their barfbags.

REC 3 centers around a wedding and there are a couple hints that it takes place during the same timeframe as REC. You don't have see the other 2 movies as this can stand on it's own.

The story's main focus is on the newlyweds who try to find each other after being seperated during the chaos at the reception. There are some really funny characters and moments, but it still is a horror and won't let gore fans down. The budget on this movie looks a lot bigger than the previous movies as there are lots more "zombies", blood and mayhem.

I was a bit worried from watching the trailer, but I really did like this movie. It probably is a good flick to watch with a chick (if she doesn't mind reading subtitles) because of the "love story" and the ending will likely result in an "awwww, that is so romantic" response.

Neil
12-Aug-2012, 08:05 AM
I'm surprised, because the trailer made it look a little tacky!? But it's reasonably solid then?

paranoid101
12-Aug-2012, 11:54 AM
I enjoyed it, wasn't as good as the first two, but still tied in well with the other, nice to see it film normally and not first person, made a nice change.

Knighty
12-Aug-2012, 07:50 PM
Looking forward to this at Frightfest horror film festival in a few weeks time, I'm a big Rec fan and this looks a bit more lighthearted compared to the other 2 and very enjoyable. All In the lead up to the finale in Rec 4.

rongravy
14-Mar-2013, 02:14 AM
Saw this the other night, and it was pretty damn good. I was soooo glad they stopped that shaky cam crap, I like my gore as crystal clear as I can get it.
I guess I need to see at least the last one again. This one had some cheese at the end, but it was very well played.
Guess that bride really, reaaaaaaaally wanted her day.
I'd say that was actually a nice, surprising A-.
My wife loved it even more because it was in Spanish.
Win win, I say.

Neil
14-Mar-2013, 07:56 AM
Right! I need to see this thing!

kidgloves
15-Mar-2013, 12:40 PM
Atrocious movie. People liked it? Seriously?

krisvds
15-Mar-2013, 05:48 PM
I like it too. As a slice of slighly derivative but good fun nonetheless horror. Not as good as the previous two but fast and snappy and at times really funny as well.
Photography is excellent if you're into that ...

Kaos
15-Mar-2013, 07:44 PM
It was the least of the series, but it had its moments. My daughter and I enjoyed watching it.