PDA

View Full Version : The Avengers 2 (film)

Neil
14-Aug-2012, 11:24 AM
Joss Whedon is signed up - http://www.coronacomingattractions.com/news/joss-whedon-onboard-write-and-direct-avengers-2

During a conference call with Disney investors, company chairman and CEO Bob Iger dropped the bombshell that Avengers writer/director Joss Whedon has officially signed to write and direct The Avengers 2.

There's also this piece of news too: Whedon will be involved in some capacity with the proposed spinoff set in The Avengers/Marvel Cinematic Universe for ABC.

I enjoyed the first one, but I felt it needed more 'grounding' and character building. Hope the second one brings this...

ps: And God knows how much Downey will earn from this one!

AcesandEights
14-Aug-2012, 01:46 PM
Joss Whedon is signed up - http://www.coronacomingattractions.com/news/joss-whedon-onboard-write-and-direct-avengers-2

I enjoyed the first one, but I felt it needed more 'grounding' and character building. Hope the second one brings this...

ps: And God knows how much Downey will earn from this one!

I loved the Avengers and think it's right up there when it comes to superhero movies down well. That said, they're going to have their hands full trying to recapture that lightning in a bottle.

bassman
14-Aug-2012, 02:07 PM

Same here. Hopefully the second can bring more to the table instead of non-stop explosions and character building along the lines of "We don't like each other, that one guy was killed, now we team up!".

Neil
14-Aug-2012, 04:05 PM
"We don't like each other, that one guy was killed, now we team up!".

Or was? :sneaky:

bassman
16-Aug-2012, 07:31 PM
They gave it a release date today: May 1, 2015. Seems a bit rushed to me. I thought they were going to introduce new characters in their own films before the sequel? I guess when you've just had a smash hit like The Avengers, your plans change after seeing the money flowing in...

shootemindehead
16-Aug-2012, 07:58 PM
Suppose it was inevitable.

I'm probably the only one on here that thought 'The Avengers' was a bit pants. But, I'm neither a Marvel or a superhero fan, even though I enjoyed the last Spider-man film and Nolan's Batman trilogy, but he's DC, who have their fair share of naff characters too...Wonder Woman for instance. Not a Joss Whedon fan either. That doesn't help.

It's just that the superheroes in it were sort of crap. The Hulk is a truly ridiculous idea (although David Banner was good), Thor is the gayest thing since the Village People and is just farcical and Nick Fury et al are boring. Also, Captain America may have worked as some silly jingoistic propaganda vehicle in the 40's but today he's totally redundant and a bit of a joke.

The only one coming out of it with any umph was Ironman. He's a relatively decent character and that's largely down to Robert Downey Jr. Even the Ironman films are decent.

Anyway, with decent writing and perhaps some better superheroes (who???) is might be ok.