PDA

View Full Version : The Last Stand (film) - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Neil
15-Aug-2012, 12:42 PM
Directed by Kim Jee-woon, who is best known for making the movie I Saw The Devil, The Last Stand stars Schwarzenegger as Ray Owens, the sheriff of a small town on the Texas/Mexico border who is getting close to retirement. When a drug cartel leader breaks out of prison and makes a dash for the border, however, Owens and his small police force are the only thing standing in the way. The film co-stars Forest Whitaker, Genesis Rodriguez, Jaimie Alexander, Peter Stormare, Rodrigo Santoro, Luis Guzman, Johnny Knoxville and Harry Dean Stanton.

The Last Stand will be in theaters on January 18th.

http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news/32476/_1344981565.jpg

Rottedfreak
15-Aug-2012, 06:57 PM
Arnie: "Hasta lumbagados 'cough' 'gag' MATRON!!!"
Director: "He screwed up the fuppin lines!"
Arnie: "Seriously I'm dying."

EvilNed
15-Aug-2012, 09:17 PM
F*ck yeah, seeing this in the cinema!

Tricky
16-Aug-2012, 04:11 PM
I'll have to be watching this, I remember the days when any film with Arnolds name to it was big news! (even if some were pretty bad) He's beefed up again now as well, I saw some recent pictures of him in the gym getting ready for the Expendables sequel, he's obviously older in the face but has got in good shape again for a man his age after those unflattering pics of him on the beach a few years back, its good to have him back on screen :cool:

MoonSylver
16-Aug-2012, 09:10 PM
I'll have to be watching this, I remember the days when any film with Arnolds name to it was big news! (even if some were pretty bad) He's beefed up again now as well, I saw some recent pictures of him in the gym getting ready for the Expendables sequel, he's obviously older in the face but has got in good shape again for a man his age after those unflattering pics of him on the beach a few years back, its good to have him back on screen :cool:

+1 to this & insert pithy action movie quote here. ;)

Neil
17-Aug-2012, 08:33 AM
Oh dear! My hopes have been dispelled :(

The moment I saw the style of the film - silly over the top (impossible) action with cars hand braking into reverse to allow others to jump over them - my eyes rolled... I was hoping for a somewhat gritty and intelligent flick. Looks like we've instead got the cheese and daftness of Armageddon, but crashed landed on the ground...

T6oi5O8PWP0

EvilNed
17-Aug-2012, 01:35 PM
I don't know. We get plenty of "gritty" and "intelligent" action films these days as it is. This one looks like pure fun.

Neil
17-Aug-2012, 02:56 PM
I don't know. We get plenty of "gritty" and "intelligent" action films these days as it is. This one looks like pure fun.

One mans fun, is another mans dumb I guess :)

Sure it can be action orientated, but there's a risk of it getting carried away into over the top hokum IMHO. And that trailer scares me it's the latter.

EvilNed
17-Aug-2012, 04:25 PM
Watched the trailer twice, now.

Definetly the number #1 film I'm looking foward to in 2013. I literally can't wait to see Arnold back in action again!

babomb
18-Aug-2012, 05:24 PM
Arnold is actually a hilarious guy! If you watch the commentaries on films like T2/T3. Every comment relates to his physique, even when it doesn't really relate, he makes it relate. He's convinced that the only reason people watch his films is to stare at his physique. He also believes that the shape his physique is in will directly make or break the film.

ProfessorChaos
19-Aug-2012, 07:14 PM
while i'm mildly interested in seeing arnie on the big screen, i'm way more opposed to watching a film with johnny knoxville included. without knoxville, i may have went to see this or waited till it was available for home viewing. think i'll pass on this one.

Neil
09-Nov-2012, 03:21 PM
oc0x-jiewTE

MoonSylver
09-Nov-2012, 06:41 PM
while i'm mildly interested in seeing arnie on the big screen, i'm way more opposed to watching a film with johnny knoxville included. without knoxville, i may have went to see this or waited till it was available for home viewing. think i'll pass on this one.

I thought the same thing about Tom Arnold & "True Lies" & yet, it worked. So... *shrug* :|

AcesandEights
09-Nov-2012, 07:38 PM
Movie is about the last time Arnie is able to stand up unassisted, yes?

Neil
19-Jan-2013, 08:49 PM
Fairly +ve review at AICN - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60397

rongravy
19-Jan-2013, 09:22 PM
I wish I'd seen this instead of that piece of shit, A Haunted House. I dig the hell outta Arnie.

LouCipherr
19-Jan-2013, 09:26 PM
I loved Last Action Hero, so the over-the-top-ness of this fllick won't bother me a bit. I'm actually interested in checking this out.

I'm not sure if I should be disturbed that I just said that or not. :shifty: