PDA

View Full Version : M. Night Shyamalan's Lady in the Water (2006)

Eyebiter
04-Jul-2006, 01:54 AM
Saw the trailer for this one today. A haunted fricking swimming pool?

Weak...

Rottedfreak
04-Jul-2006, 12:33 PM
MNS: "So um, for my next movie I got this idea about a swimming pool where a jilted lady drowns, she's dead, definitely absolutely 100% dead, her husband and girlfriend are haunted by this femanine entity and in the end it turns out to be the dead wife who's alive! Brilliant eh?"
Studio: "Are you even trying anymore? christ this is the exact same crap you been shoving out for years, I mean superheros are real? water? their a bunch of shut ins playing 19th century in the 21st? for god sakes"

Adrenochrome
04-Jul-2006, 02:07 PM
MNS: "So um, for my next movie I got this idea about a swimming pool where a jilted lady drowns, she's dead, definitely absolutely 100% dead, her husband and girlfriend are haunted by this femanine entity and in the end it turns out to be the dead wife who's alive! Brilliant eh?"
Studio: "Are you even trying anymore? christ this is the exact same crap you been shoving out for years, I mean superheros are real? water? their a bunch of shut ins playing 19th century in the 21st? for god sakes"
Ya, M Night Shamalakalegrechanoggin's movies have become predictable - "Um,...so, the scattered, 'not very well thought out' scenes I'm watching for the first 90 or so minutes, in the end, will turn out as a confusing, weak attempt at deep thought?"

MinionZombie
04-Jul-2006, 06:53 PM
Ug ... puh-leeeeeze, this guy needs to shut up or come up with something original. He just makes the same damn movie over and over again - and how on the sh*tting earth did anyone not say "wait a minute ... water?" when Signs was in the process of being made is beyond me ... bloody water ... flippin' 'eck aliens must be stupid, no wait, the writer/director is the retard.

As for the one with the 19th century people - hated it, it sucked loads of ass. Unbreakable I liked the one time I watched it, but it wasn't memorable. Sixth Sense had the pace of constipation and I was completely not bowled over by the ending, why? Cos I was too bloody bored to be bothered...

M. Night Shallallalalalalalallaalaamaaan can bugger off for all I care, he'd be better off rolling around in his millions and millions of dollars instead, at least that's worthwhile.

EvilNed
04-Jul-2006, 10:23 PM
Haven't seen Village, but I've had the ending spoiled for me endless amount of times. But both Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs were good films, I thought. Not alot of new films can get me on the edge of my seat, or build up a good atmosphere but those films sure did.

Danny
04-Jul-2006, 10:39 PM
heard about this awhile ago and i swear this is a rip off of what lies beneath but im pretty sure ive seen an outer limits episode just like the village.

sixth sense was excellent piece of cinema, but like the blair witch its been parodied so many times it seems to have diluted our views of the origional.

...were the hell did that come from:confused:

anyway, i think its gonna suck but so did that sci fi channel fake documentary about him being a shaman that drowned and came back to life or some such ****.

MaximusIncredulous
05-Jul-2006, 02:54 AM
So much for the Indian Hitchcock. Perhaps if he made something about a haunted 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts, I might be interested.

Zombie-A-GoGo
05-Jul-2006, 04:37 AM
The Sixth Sense was a brilliant piece of supernatural filmmaking. Everything else he's done since has been utter ****e. *sigh* What a shame...such promise.

Adrenochrome
05-Jul-2006, 04:57 AM
The Sixth Sense was a brilliant piece of supernatural filmmaking. Everything else he's done since has been utter ****e. *sigh* What a shame...such promise.
I wouldn't call Sixth "brilliant" - It was "watchable" (and predictable) if you ask me. I foresaw the outcome less than halfway into it. (And that damned kid got on my nerves.)
It was still worth at least one watch......... or good for a nap on a Lazy Sunday afternoon. :)