PDA

View Full Version : I recently become obsessed by The Animaniacs....

Cykotic
04-Jul-2006, 03:31 PM
I don't know why... but I just seem to be obsessed with them... I've never laughed as much in my life! I guess you just had to have watched as many cartoons as I have. So, if you have never seen them, I shall expose your minds to... The Monkey Song..
29eL6dDIyPU

HLS
04-Jul-2006, 05:42 PM
I don't know why... but I just seem to be obsessed with them... I've never laughed as much in my life! I guess you just had to have watched as many cartoons as I have. So, if you have never seen them, I shall expose your minds to... The Monkey Song..
29eL6dDIyPU

I am not into that kind of cartoons. I like the very old bugs bunny cartoons. I like the old controversial war cartoons that bugs and the gang did. I found a few on youtube. I love the ones that bugs gets it good. Like the episode on the gremlins sabotaging the planes. I also like the Wile E. Coyote, Genius ones esp. Operation Rabbit. here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AZ8RvofpgM&search=looney%20tunes

Danny
04-Jul-2006, 10:51 PM
maybe , being bron in 88' and being one of the youngest members at 18, its a generation thing but i friggin cant stand warner bros. cartoons as a kid i was a big transformers fan, and i mean like on of those kids that pics a topic like dinosaurs and latches on for a good few years but this lead me to prefering manga and anime to american cartoons, looney toons and the simpsons in particular.

HLS
06-Jul-2006, 03:11 AM
maybe , being bron in 88' and being one of the youngest members at 18, its a generation thing but i friggin cant stand warner bros. cartoons as a kid i was a big transformers fan, and i mean like on of those kids that pics a topic like dinosaurs and latches on for a good few years but this lead me to prefering manga and anime to american cartoons, looney toons and the simpsons in particular.

LOL I feel so old. I started college in 1988. :p and my 37th birthday is around the corner.

I am not into that kind of cartoons. I like the very old bugs bunny cartoons. I like the old controversial war cartoons that bugs and the gang did. I found a few on youtube. I love the ones that bugs gets it good. Like the episode on the gremlins sabotaging the planes. I also like the Wile E. Coyote, Genius ones esp. Operation Rabbit. here is a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AZ8RvofpgM&search=looney%20tunes

Damn. The looney tunes cartoons were removed. that sucks:mad:

MapMan
06-Jul-2006, 03:31 AM
LOL I feel so old. I started college in 1988. :p and my 37th birthday is around the corner

I feel your pain.

coma
06-Jul-2006, 01:22 PM
Me too. I'm going to be 39 in 2 months. At least I still have my hair, In my heaqd and the migrating back hair. U couldn't wait, when I was 17, to get hair on my chest, now I wish it would go away.

I liked the Warner Bros toons because they are intelligent don't talk down to you, and are well made. That Gremlins one is great.
All those 70s-80s cartoons are mostly crap. The 90s was amuch better era for cartoons on TV, though Beast World is a load worthy of Eue Boll.

The first 5 years of the simpsons were awesome, though they are played to hell now.

I had My 1st college degree in 1988. Oh snap! Just an associates, though. Graduated High School in 1986.

bassman
06-Jul-2006, 01:32 PM
I remember "Animaniacs". I didn't watch it all the time but when I did see it, it was funny.

I would say I probably liked "Pinky and the Brain" and that spinoff a little more than "Animaniacs".....

Anyone remember "Freakazoid?"....

Adrenochrome
06-Jul-2006, 01:44 PM
any of you 30+'ers remember The Groovy Ghoulies?

bassman
06-Jul-2006, 02:02 PM

I know what show you're talking about and I'm not a "30+'er".:p

I guess I saw some re-runs or something, but I remember it.

"Everybody shout
come on now sing about
It's time for the Ghoulie get-together"

Something like that..

Adrenochrome
06-Jul-2006, 02:07 PM
as a kid, I always preferred H. R. Puffnstuff and Lidsville
http://www.70slivekidvid.com/puff/puff1.jpg
http://thehub.capcollege.bc.ca/~sstubbs/krofftsite/images/lidsville.jpg

Lidsville was a creepy thing with people dressed in costumes that looked like hats.

Danny
06-Jul-2006, 03:29 PM
thats one of dantes 7 circles of hell isnt it?, the one for tv childrens show entertainers like timmy mallet :lol:

coma
06-Jul-2006, 04:16 PM
Yeah. It was a monster/Hippie/rock band cartoon. When the band did it's "video" spot it was the exact same thing as Fat Albert and Archie, but with different clothes. Ahh, cheaponomics!
Also lookef like Scooby Doo.
I couldn't find a pic. This is a etch a sketch with a oic on it
http://theimaginaryworld.com/toy136.jpg

Adrenochrome
06-Jul-2006, 04:16 PM
LOL I feel so old. I started college in 1988. :p and my 37th birthday is around the corner.

Damn. The looney tunes cartoons were removed. that sucks:mad:
you can find some of the "banned" Looney Tunes here (as well as some others) - http://www.archive.org/index.php
as far as you feeling old,......well, that's a personal problem.......if you "feel old" at 36......you need to exercise and eat right....that will help.

bassman
06-Jul-2006, 04:20 PM
I love "Looney Tunes" as much as the next guy, but I think I would have to say that "Tom and Jerry" is my favorite old school cartoon.....

Before "Tom and Jerry Kids", the movie, and all that malarkey.

Adrenochrome
06-Jul-2006, 04:29 PM
I love "Looney Tunes" as much as the next guy, but I think I would have to say that "Tom and Jerry" is my favorite old school cartoon.....

oh my.....we finally disagree on something. T & J was the SAME thing over and over (with one exception - "Is You Is, Or Is You Ain't My Baby")

I got a gal that's always late
Every time we have a date
But I love her
Yes I love her

I'm gonna walk right up to her gate
And see if I can get it straight
Cause I want her I'm gonna ask her

Is you is or is you ain't my baby?
The way you're actin' lately makes me doubt
Yous is still my baby-baby
Seems my flame in your heart's done gone out
A woman is a creature that has always been strange
Just when you're sure of one
You find she's gone and made a change
Is you is or is you ain't my baby
Maybe baby's found somebody new
Or is my baby still my baby true?

Is you is or is you ain't my baby?
The way you're actin' lately makes me doubt
Yous is still my baby-baby
Seems my flame in your heart's done gone out
A woman is a creature that has always been strange
Just when you're sure of one
You find she's gone and made a change
Is you is or is you ain't my baby
Maybe baby's found somebody new
Or is my baby still my baby true?

bassman
06-Jul-2006, 04:41 PM
oh my.....we finally disagree on something. T & J was the SAME thing over and over (with one exception - "Is You Is, Or Is You Ain't My Baby")

Actually, no. We do agree on this.

It's just my personal opinion that I would choose "T&J" over "LT". I still agree that it's the same thing over and over with a few exceptions. Something about that show just pulls me in and won't let go. The animation, the music.....something about it that I just can't put my finger on.

You are right, though. "Looney Tunes" had a much more broad program.

Adrenochrome
06-Jul-2006, 04:45 PM
Actually, no. We do agree on this.

It's just my personal opinion that I would choose "T&J" over "LT". I still agree that it's the same thing over and over with a few exceptions. Something about that show just pulls me in and won't let go. The animation, the music.....something about it that I just can't put my finger on.

You are right, though. "Looney Tunes" had a much more broad program.
the OLD T&J (the VERY old ones) were classic....that scream!!!!!
I have a collection of ANCIENT cartoons that I'd be glad to burn and sent to you.

bassman
06-Jul-2006, 04:50 PM
the OLD T&J (the VERY old ones) were classic....that scream!!!!!
I have a collection of ANCIENT cartoons that I'd be glad to burn and sent to you.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.....the originals. There have been many different recreations of "Tom and Jerry" but the original is the boss...

I would like to find a nice collection of all those cartoons.....no luck yet. If i'm not mistaken(which, I may very well be), we're the original "T&J" cartoons shorts that were shown before films in theater?

Adrenochrome
06-Jul-2006, 04:52 PM
If i'm not mistaken(which, I may very well be), we're the original "T&J" cartoons shorts that were shown before films in theater?
you are correct, sir......those and the Looneys were shown before MAJOR movies back in the day. They were considered "adult cartoons" then.
I have a bunch of them if you want them.

HLS
07-Jul-2006, 03:32 AM
you are correct, sir......those and the Looneys were shown before MAJOR movies back in the day. They were considered "adult cartoons" then.
I have a bunch of them if you want them.

Those are great cartoons. All the old cartoons beat anything out there today.