PDA

View Full Version : The Dead 2 (film) - Moving forward

krisvds
05-Sep-2012, 05:14 PM
As much as i'm looking forward to the next TWD season this really made my day.
The first one was, to me, the best zombie film since Day ...

http://dailydead.com/exclusive-the-script-for-the-dead-2-is-moving-forward/

A teaser trailer is a few pages down!

EvilNed
05-Sep-2012, 07:19 PM
I ordered the original off of Amazon three weeks ago, but they messed up my order and the package hasn't arrived yet. It's now one week past it's estimated delivery date... I'm getting a bit pissed.

AcesandEights
05-Sep-2012, 07:35 PM
Hell. Yes.

If they can keep the quality of the first film, but improve with a better narrative structure that follows through, it could be incredible. No need to dress it up too much, just stick to the basics. Fingers crossed that it happens and they don't f*ck it up.

Debbieangel
05-Sep-2012, 08:38 PM
wow thats a awful Ned..I bought my Dead 2 at wally world over the weekend..a hefty $30 but I figure worth it defo! Sorry, yours hasn't got to you yet. I orded 2 movies and the tracker says they are on their way here..( The Dead and The Terror Experiment) I paid $2.77 and $2.49 so if they are stinkers then I am not out of much money. lol
Anyhoo...I can't wait for TWD to be back on. They have done so much with the characters it's hard to tell what will happen next! I can't wait to see!!!

MoonSylver
05-Sep-2012, 09:16 PM
Hell. Yes.

If they can keep the quality of the first film, but improve with a better narrative structure that follows through, it could be incredible. No need to dress it up too much, just stick to the basics. Fingers crossed that it happens and they don't f*ck it up.

Mmmm..yes....hopefully they don't get up their own ass, & stick to what works (more or less). If it's NOT set in Africa, I wonder A) where & B) how different a "feel" that will impart? Then again if it IS still in Africa, does that take it down "more of the same" road? Difficult propositions either way. :|

krisvds
14-Sep-2012, 06:58 AM
Looks like they haven't decided yet on where the second one will take place but given a probably tight budget it would not surprise me if they went with Africa again. Maybe an Asian or South American Jungle could work as well. Showing the zombie apocalypse in a western setting is probably way too expensive and involves lots of shoe-string budget CGI, unless they go for a smaller scenario.
I hope they stick to the adventure/travel theme and just focus on another group of characters in the same world, much like GAR does in his series.
If it retains the suspense and bleak feel of the original they can't go wrong IMO. That and the stellar practical FX work of the original.

EvilNed
15-Sep-2012, 09:39 AM
After watching it, and loving the suspense scenes with the slow zombies, all I wanna say is I hope they find a better actor to play the main character.

AcesandEights
15-Sep-2012, 03:28 PM
After watching it, and loving the suspense scenes with the slow zombies, all I wanna say is I hope they find a better actor to play the main character.

I thought the actor portraying the main protagonist did a great job. He was playing someone who had been dealing with the dead rising for some time before the movie even starts, he'd been in a plane crash and hadn't had a moments rest...the whole film is supposed to be like a fever dream for him. Under those circustances I felt he hit the weary nail on the exhausted, but in shock head.

slickwilly13
29-Oct-2012, 11:20 PM
I found a teaser. It will be shot in India. Don't blame them. They are probably tired of the b.s. they endured in Africa.

4OMEF8e92t8

AcesandEights
30-Oct-2012, 12:08 AM
Well hot DAMN! You've done it again, Slick!

Gotta be the most anticipated film for me now! Perfect place for a zombie epidemic to be set and though it could be a. Rough go filming on location, it should be tame by comparison.

rongravy
30-Oct-2012, 12:14 AM
Dang, Indians make for some scary zombies.

MoonSylver
30-Oct-2012, 04:47 AM

:thumbsup:

krisvds
30-Oct-2012, 04:57 AM
Hurray!
Just saw this on the Facebook The Dead page. This really made my day. Thanks Slick.
Here's some more info;

http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/articles/film/ford-brothers-to-direct-india-set-sequel-to-the-dead/

Shooting starts February. Go boys.

Mike70
30-Oct-2012, 02:45 PM
As much as i'm looking forward to the next TWD season this really made my day.
The first one was, to me, the best zombie film since Day ...

http://dailydead.com/exclusive-the-script-for-the-dead-2-is-moving-forward/

"The Dead" is one of the best zombie movies ever. as to this sequel all i can say is "NO! NO! NO!" leave it alone. i'm not a fan of sequels. Day is the exception that proves the rule. i'm not really even much of a fan of "dawn" because the older i get, the more ridiculous it looks. i'm also firmly convinced the world would be a better place without "diary" or "survival."

krisvds
30-Oct-2012, 03:50 PM
True, most sequels suck.
However given the odds of making a good zombie film I'd much rather see these guys try their hands on another one than most of the drivel ou there.
As long as it's a 'thematic' sequel only, without returning characters, and just tells another story in the same world it could be ok.
Fingers crossed.

JonOfTheShred
19-Nov-2012, 03:09 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbej5zGbHg1rs27v6.gif

So excited for this movie. What an epic location, love their style of cinematography as well. Take notes, Brad Pitt and World War Z knock-off. THIS is how a trailer is done.

Neil
19-Nov-2012, 06:00 PM
I found a teaser. It will be shot in India. Don't blame them. They are probably tired of the b.s. they endured in Africa.

4OMEF8e92t8****ing lame arse contacts *AGAIN* :(

JonOfTheShred
20-Nov-2012, 01:26 AM
****ing lame arse contacts *AGAIN* :(

Yea, I never got the Marilyn Manson-esque contacts thing either. But the atmosphere of that trailer is so win. What an amazing setting! Better than walls of cheap CGI sprinters for sure. :p Really loved the first movie, and I have really high hopes they'll easily trump that effort with this film - you can just feel their passion for zombie cinema in the first one. It oozes atmosphere, and I found myself completely immersed in the movie. The Ford brothers were very efficient in building suspension and tension.

Neil
20-Nov-2012, 08:16 AM
Yea, I never got the Marilyn Manson-esque contacts thing either. But the atmosphere of that trailer is so win. What an amazing setting! Better than walls of cheap CGI sprinters for sure. :p Really loved the first movie, and I have really high hopes they'll easily trump that effort with this film - you can just feel their passion for zombie cinema in the first one. It oozes atmosphere, and I found myself completely immersed in the movie. The Ford brothers were very efficient in building suspension and tension.

Fingers crossed...

JonOfTheShred
20-Nov-2012, 08:39 PM
Fingers crossed...

Fingers and toes. :p

MoonSylver
21-Nov-2012, 06:36 AM
****ing lame arse contacts *AGAIN* :(

One of the greatest zed movies of the new millennium comes along, & you're bitching about the CONTACTS?!?!?

http://rlv.zcache.com/moose_head_oh_dear_someone_forgot_your_birthday_ca rd-p137832245020993782b2ico_400.jpg

http://lsd.dula.tv/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Oh-Chicken-Strip-You-So-Crazy.jpg

:lol:

Neil
21-Nov-2012, 07:45 AM
One of the greatest zed movies of the new millennium comes along, & you're bitching about the CONTACTS?
Hey, it's not even been filmed yet so don't get carried away there on the expect too much choo choo! :)

And yes, I'm afraid IMHO, those contacts look stupid and cheap...

krisvds
21-Nov-2012, 09:01 AM
Those contacts didn't bother me that much in the first one because everything else felt so right in that film. The zombies were true 'Romero rules' shamblers used to heighten tension and suspense. The film relied on practical F/X and didn't go the CGI route. And most importantly; the sense of despair and sheer dread was strong in The Dead. More than in most recent undead films.
I felt that the directors really 'get' what makes the genre so irresistible in the first place. I can only hope the same feel gets carried across in this sequel.

Neil
21-Nov-2012, 02:26 PM
^^ Agreed!

MoonSylver
21-Nov-2012, 04:44 PM
Hey, it's not even been filmed yet so don't get carried away there on the expect too much choo choo! :)

Speaking of the first one, since, y'know, you said AGAIN & all...

http://rawarrior.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/confusion-sign1-300x300.gif

JonOfTheShred
22-Nov-2012, 04:23 PM

And yes, I'm afraid IMHO, those contacts look stupid and cheap...

I'm surprised the contacts in this trailer bugged you, if only because you remained optimistic after seeing the trailer to World War Z.

HOWEVER, I assume we all just realized WWZ would pale in the comparison to the book and your expectations for THAT were extremely low, whereas your expectations to THIS film are extremely high.