PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln (film) - Steven Speilberg

bassman
14-Sep-2012, 12:45 PM
Hey look at that! An Abraham Lincoln movie that doesn't include vampires, zombies, or other fictional creatures....

3bPn4Pbe8UA

Looks fantastic. With Spielberg behind the camera and the acting God that is Daniel Day Lewis in front, this should shape up to be something special.

I would be willing to bet that this and P.T. Anderson's The Master(which also looks fantastic) will be neck and neck during the awards season.

Neil
08-Nov-2012, 10:40 AM
AICN declares it a triumph and one of Spielberg's best!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59512

Every emotion is earned, every moment rings true. It could be said that LINCOLN overstays its welcome a little bit (considering everyone knows how it ends, Spielberg takes the more obvious approach when a little bit of restraint would have done wonders), but LINCOLN is some of the best work Spielberg has ever done. He trusts that the story is so compelling that he knows enough to get out of its way. It is one of Steven Spielberg’s very best movies. It is an utter triumph.

wayzim
26-Nov-2012, 04:42 PM
AICN declares it a triumph and one of Spielberg's best!

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59512

Lincoln is a freakin cool bit of filmmaking, laying off most of what's been done before to focus upon the last four months of his administration. DDL lives the role, alternating between the sly country lawyer and a deeply grieving father of a war torn nation. The politics were lively and wonderfully sarcastic, with Tommy Lee Jones presiding over a fierce battle between Republicans and Democratics as Honest Abe attempts to get the 13th amendment ( the abolition of slavery ) past.

We had a packed house on Friday, and everyone applauded enthusiastically at the end. Go see this film.

all this, and a kick-ass trailer for Les Miz, the movie musical, as well (due out christmas of this year. )

Wayne Z

ThomasNorth
26-Nov-2012, 09:12 PM
I saw it the day before Thanksgiving. I expected to be one of a few people there, given that I figured most people aren't that interested in historical dramas, let alone political historical dramas, but boy how wrong I was. It was completely packed.

The movie itself was outstanding. I got chills when Lincoln first came on camera and spoke... Daniel Day-Lewis really brings him to life in a way I have never seen anyone do before, down to historical details as best we know (yes, like his high voice... and how we walked with a bit of a hunch).

There were a few moments I didn't care for (actually the very beginning with the two soldiers reciting the Gettysburg Address seemed a little contrived), but they were few and far between. The movie is a real achievment.

wayzim
27-Nov-2012, 01:18 PM
I saw it the day before Thanksgiving. I expected to be one of a few people there, given that I figured most people aren't that interested in historical dramas, let alone political historical dramas, but boy how wrong I was. It was completely packed.

The movie itself was outstanding. I got chills when Lincoln first came on camera and spoke... Daniel Day-Lewis really brings him to life in a way I have never seen anyone do before, down to historical details as best we know (yes, like his high voice... and how we walked with a bit of a hunch).

There were a few moments I didn't care for (actually the very beginning with the two soldiers reciting the Gettysburg Address seemed a little contrived), but they were few and far between. The movie is a real achievment.

Actually three soldiers, as the educated colored man sort of dissed Lincoln with the final line as he walked away. A bit contrived, I agree, but it was still fun.

Wayne Z

Purge
27-Nov-2012, 03:25 PM
Talky, but excellent direction by Spielberg as usual, and DDL couldn't have been any better.

ProfessorChaos
28-Nov-2012, 12:58 AM
i plan to go see this in theaters soon, looks excellent.

...and DDL couldn't have been any better.

http://t.qkme.me/35n3i5.jpg

jussayin.....there will be blood is probably one of my favorite movies ever, and his performance is off the charts in that one. will weigh back in after i watch lincoln.

Danny
28-Nov-2012, 09:11 AM
With this, the master and hitchcock its looking to be a good movie season with less of the usual action schlok, im actually excited to see this- and honestly its been a LONG time since i said that about a speilberg film.