PDA

View Full Version : New PROMO for the DVD of my film, THUG LIFE: All in the Game - Feat. DA PREZ

DjfunkmasterG
23-Sep-2012, 10:22 PM
My 3rd film, ALL in the GAME hits stores October 16th 2012. The distributor calls it THUG LIFE: All in the GAME. So one of the actors and I decided to shoot a new promo celebrating the release. Micaiah Jones who plays Lucky in All in the Game is also the star of a short film I am working on called DA PREZ. So, we decided to have a little fun with it. (Yes, that is an actual OVAL OFFICE set)

Anyway, enjoy.

zog_r0O9Em4

WARNING: Contains very Strong and Offensive Language, viewer discretion is advised.

Here is the TEASER for my new short DA PREZ

wz7IafaOynM

notice: the filmmakers and actors will not be held liable for any misconception taken on the part of the viewer. Also, if you happen to burst into a fit of laughter and spray coffee soda or any other liquid on your computer that causes damage to it... that is your fault. :evil: Also, of note; the video is a SPOOF, and ONLY a SPOOF, and in no way is meant to disrespect the office of the president of the USA

Neil
24-Sep-2012, 08:05 AM
DJ... Have you considered making a film about the life and times of Mohammed? :) I suspect your take on it might get a lot of interest :)

DjfunkmasterG
24-Sep-2012, 09:53 AM
if he can wield a baseball bat, torture motherfuckers with a hammer, and have a smarmy attitude... sure.

LouCipherr
24-Sep-2012, 01:23 PM
DJ... Have you considered making a film about the life and times of Mohammed? :) I suspect your take on it might get a lot of interest :)

if he can wield a baseball bat, torture motherfuckers with a hammer, and have a smarmy attitude... sure.

:lol:

*rubs hands together*

This could get quite interesting! :D

DjfunkmasterG
24-Sep-2012, 02:41 PM

*rubs hands together*

This could get quite interesting! :D

It could get quite interesting... and would I do it?

Yes... I would, but who in the fuck would finance a Gary Ugarek written and directed film about the prophet Mohammed. With all the BS going down over the Innocence of Muslims, that might be a touchy subject right now. Not too mention I just don't see folks lining up to make Kickstart Donations for me to pull this off.

But thinking more into it... it's going to need zombies too.

LouCipherr
24-Sep-2012, 03:17 PM
With all the BS going down over the Innocence of Muslims, that might be a touchy subject right now.

All the more reason to do it. Imagine the publicity you and your film would garner if you started protests in the middle east over your little flick? :elol:

Hell, the same thing is happening right now and making that other filmmaker famous... and after seeing his supposedly "offensive film" it looks like it was made by a 7th grader with no knowledge of how to make a movie, so you've got this one in the bag, Dj! :lol:

Besides, if you made "Lucky" Mohammad in a movie - sheeeeit, I'd watch that in a heartbeat!

Neil
24-Sep-2012, 03:19 PM
that might be a touchy subject right now.The biggest understatement ever! :)

AcesandEights
24-Sep-2012, 04:10 PM
All the more reason to do it. Imagine the fatwas you and your film would garner...

Fixed. :D

MinionZombie
24-Sep-2012, 04:28 PM
haha, schweet - Jones was my favourite part of All in the Game - the guy was totally off-the-leash as Lucky, he would suddenly just go bat-shit crazy, but also be really playful in his more sadistic moments.

Speaking of All in the Game, I did a review of it a while back:

http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/all-in-game-gary-ugarek-2011-review.html

:)

DjfunkmasterG
24-Sep-2012, 04:37 PM
I think I could pull this off ona cheap budget... and still make it look better than the $5,000,000 film causing a stir. Been doing some research about Mohammed, the Quran, the fundamental side versus the verbatim meaning side, and I think this could be pulled off in the correct context.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Now where do I fit in the baseball bats and zombies?????

LouCipherr
24-Sep-2012, 07:12 PM
Fixed. :D

haha, schweet - Jones was my favourite part of All in the Game - the guy was totally off-the-leash as Lucky, he would suddenly just go bat-shit crazy, but also be really playful in his more sadistic moments.

I second that! :D

I think I could pull this off ona cheap budget... and still make it look better than the $5,000,000 film causing a stir.

They spent FIVE MILLION on that piece of shit?! Dear Christ... That thing makes Deadlands: The Rising look academy award worthy! :lol: :D

DjfunkmasterG
24-Sep-2012, 09:18 PM

Speaking of All in the Game, I did a review of it a while back:

http://deadshed.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/all-in-game-gary-ugarek-2011-review.html

:)

Agreed about Micaiah Jones, which is why I wrote the short around him, and his persona of Lucky being President of the USA.

Originally the script started out as we're on the street in Baltimore, just talking, wondering what we could have become if we didn't choose a life of crime, drugs and whores. So in a Harold and Kumar moment I sort of end up in Lucky's version of himself without the life of crime, but as president of the USA, but Lucky is Lucky so a lot of his street mentality carries over into his dream.

But we scrapped that idea, and just ran with it being a whole new character with a nod to Lucky, hence the President's name William B Lucking

krakenslayer
25-Sep-2012, 02:30 PM
They spent FIVE MILLION on that piece of shit?! Dear Christ... That thing makes Deadlands: The Rising look academy award worthy! :lol: :D

Almost certainly not. Film-makers tend to inflate the scale of their budget when asked, at the best of times, but when you're talking about a producer who lies to his actors and director about the kind of movie they are making, gives them innocent sounding lines and later overdubs them with anti-Islamic propaganda, you can't really trust anything that comes out of his mouth. I think they lied about the budget to get the director (the dude who made Karate Cop back in the 80s) on-board: "Oh, don't worry about those blue screens. You should see the effects budget we have! It'll be just like 300!" :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
25-Sep-2012, 02:37 PM
Almost certainly not. Film-makers tend to inflate the scale of their budget when asked, at the best of times, but when you're talking about a producer who lies to his actors and director about the kind of movie they are making, gives them innocent sounding lines and later overdubs them with anti-Islamic propaganda, you can't really trust anything that comes out of his mouth. I think they lied about the budget to get the director (the dude who made Karate Cop back in the 80s) on-board: "Oh, don't worry about those blue screens. You should see the effects budget we have! It'll be just like 300!" :lol:

I went with the media reported budget of the film.

I do agree with kraken though because Day of the Dead 2 was reported to have a budget of $9,000,000. Asylum films have better Cinemtography and they are made on much less.