PDA

View Full Version : Outland (1981)

EvilNed
25-Sep-2012, 08:51 AM
Anyone see this? It's High Noon in Space, featuring Sean Connery.

Watched it last night and what struck me is how absolutely fucking gorgeous the sets are. And massive too. One helluva set build. Worth a watch for any sci-fi fan out there who wants to find another gem they haven't seen yet.

AcesandEights
25-Sep-2012, 01:20 PM
Anyone see this? It's High Noon in Space, featuring Sean Connery.

Saw this a few times growing up, but never uncut. Unfortunately, at the age I was exposed to it, I was more concerned with why James Bond wasn't using any of his gadgets.

Pretty sure this is available via netflix, nowadays.

shootemindehead
25-Sep-2012, 03:42 PM
Yep it's a great film. I like it a lot and it gets a regular viewing. Frances Sternhagen is great in it too.

Great effects for the day too.

Kaos
25-Sep-2012, 05:55 PM
They recently released a blu-ray of it in the U.S. Even though it is a budget title, it got a good review: http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4054/outland.html

I am probably going to pick it up since amazon sells it for cheap.

rongravy
25-Sep-2012, 10:35 PM
Saw this a few times growing up, but never uncut. Unfortunately, at the age I was exposed to it, I was more concerned with why James Bond wasn't using any of his gadgets.

Pretty sure this is available via netflix, nowadays.
Dang, how old are you? I was born in '72, so my Bond is Roger Moore.

Good movie, though. I loves me some Sean Connery.

EvilNed
25-Sep-2012, 11:04 PM
I can't believe I didn't catch this when I was younger. There are so many films out there that you'd wish some older brother or uncle had shown you, or you caught on late night TV and just blew you away.

AcesandEights
25-Sep-2012, 11:47 PM
Dang, how old are you? I was born in '72, so my Bond is Roger Moore.

Good movie, though. I loves me some Sean Connery.

Nah, I was born in '74 and grew up with Moore, but who didn't see the classic Connery Bond films on TV growing up?

PS--I predict that Evil Ned's fav Bond is George Lazenby :p

EvilNed
26-Sep-2012, 06:23 AM
Yes, I'm of the lost generation who grew up with George Lazenby as Bond!