PDA

View Full Version : Contains Spoilers! Episodes 301 - "Seed" & 302 - "Sick" ---> Beware - SPOILERS!!!

thxleo
28-Sep-2012, 05:16 PM
A few brief thoughts...for me at least, I was really impressed with the first two episodes of season 3. Ernest Dickerson once again handled directing duties on the season premiere, "Seed", and he does his ususal tremendous job. We get some interesting zombies at the prison - riot guard zombies for example - and one of the best gags yet when Rick goes to remove the gas mask of a zombie. Also, one of the major characters is bitten forcing another character to amputate the infected limb(little Day of the Dead homage for fans).

With "Sick" we really get to see how much Rick has changed from season 1 and how hardcore he is becoming, which I enjoyed.

They also revamped the opening credits sequence, which I was wondering if they would do since Shane was now gone from the show.

kidgloves
28-Sep-2012, 07:44 PM
Fuckers. The major character better not be who I think it is. I hate you Kirkman if it is ;)

JohnMadden
28-Sep-2012, 11:36 PM
So you saw the first 2 episodes? If so can you tell what happens in the premiere? Thanks

rongravy
29-Sep-2012, 02:28 AM
So you saw the first 2 episodes? If so can you tell what happens in the premiere? Thanks

Ha, good luck on that. I'm still waiting for him to agree to adopt me so I can get in on some o' that action myself.

JohnMadden
29-Sep-2012, 03:08 AM
Ha, good luck on that. I'm still waiting for him to agree to adopt me so I can get in on some o' that action myself.
Do you guys not spoil that kind of stuff here? I've been on another forum and we pretty much spill everything we know constantly. Is this person reliable btw?

bassman
29-Sep-2012, 03:44 AM
Do you guys not spoil that kind of stuff here? I've been on another forum and we pretty much spill everything we know constantly. Is this person reliable btw?

He's a reliable source. He just prefers to drop the info and go without too many details. Less is more, that kinda thing.

JohnMadden
29-Sep-2012, 04:01 AM
He's a reliable source. He just prefers to drop the info and go without too many details. Less is more, that kinda thing.
How does he get to see the episodes?

kidgloves
29-Sep-2012, 08:22 AM
How does he get to see the episodes?

He's a friend of Greg Nicotero. Is on the press pack list and no he won't spill anymore. Rightly in my opinion.
That's as spoilerish as it gets around here so be careful what you post.

thxleo
29-Sep-2012, 03:32 PM

Well, there was an embargo by AMC until September 27, so I could reveal the details. However, why would I want to do that and ruin it for everyone else? I wouldn't want someone to do that. In fact AMC even states in the press kit the following "We kindly request that you refrain from revealing specific storyline details in advance so that "The Walking Dead" fans can experience the full impact of plots as they unfold throughout the season." I just wanted to let everyone know - in my opinion - that the show is off to a great start.

JohnMadden
29-Sep-2012, 03:56 PM
Well, there was an embargo by AMC until September 27, so I could reveal the details. However, why would I want to do that and ruin it for everyone else? I wouldn't want someone to do that. In fact AMC even states in the press kit the following "We kindly request that you refrain from revealing specific storyline details in advance so that "The Walking Dead" fans can experience the full impact of plots as they unfold throughout the season." I just wanted to let everyone know - in my opinion - that the show is off to a great start.
You're only ruining it for the people that look for them. If people don't want to know, then they won't know.

thxleo
29-Sep-2012, 05:06 PM
You're only ruining it for the people that look for them. If people don't want to know, then they won't know.

If you want to know that badly, then I'm sure you can find someone out there on the internet who has also seen it and they can ruin it for you. I'll pass though.

I've never understood that way of thinking. I was never the kid that opened his presents before Christmas and then taped them back up so my Mom wouldn't know. Don't you want to actually be surprised when you watch it?

JohnMadden
29-Sep-2012, 05:31 PM
If you want to know that badly, then I'm sure you can find someone out there on the internet who has also seen it and they can ruin it for you. I'll pass though.

I've never understood that way of thinking. I was never the kid that opened his presents before Christmas and then taped them back up so my Mom wouldn't know. Don't you want to actually be surprised when you watch it?

Honestly, I have terrible memory for such a young person lol. I accidentally clicked on a spoiler review for the DKR this summer and I forgot what happened within a week.

kidgloves
29-Sep-2012, 07:30 PM
Honestly, I have terrible memory for such a young person lol. I accidentally clicked on a spoiler review for the DKR this summer and I forgot what happened within a week.

Unlucky with the memory thing.
If you do find any spoilers, and they will appear, in the run up to the season 3 premiere there is a feature on this board for hiding spoilers. The policy here is to use it.
Hang around once the season starts. You might really enjoy the discussions that go on.

bassman
01-Oct-2012, 07:23 PM
Hey THX, how much work have they done to the intro? Is it just slightly changed to remove Bernthal's credit, or did they change it up entirely? I've wondered if they would change it to shots of the prison and Woodbury....

thxleo
01-Oct-2012, 09:30 PM
Hey THX, how much work have they done to the intro? Is it just slightly changed to remove Bernthal's credit, or did they change it up entirely? I've wondered if they would change it to shots of the prison and Woodbury....

Bassman, it's been completely revamped. You see shots of the abandoned hwy of cars, the farm, the prison, etc... There are no more shots of the actors.

babomb
01-Oct-2012, 10:33 PM
IMO, all the hype surrounding new seasons is worse than any spoiler. Hear people talk about how great it is and all, then seeing trailer after trailer with the same footage. That's what ruined season 2 for me.
It was so hyped up, and then it just totally fell short. By episode 3 of season 2 my interest in the show fell to an all time low. I just waited till I was bored and watched them on demand after that. I wasn't concerned about seeing them as they aired. My interest spiked in the last few episodes though.
But this always seems to happen with shows and movies that have these major hyped up advertising campaigns. They build the hype up so much that there's no way that the product can actually live up to the expectation. The Dark Knight Rises was the latest example of this.
The point behind the marketing campaigns is just to get as many asses in seats watching, they just don't understand anything except those numbers. They don't realize how they kill it for some people by doing that. There's also a pretty decent sized group of people that outright reject anything that's extremely hyped up. The logic they use is that anything that requires that much propaganda to generate interest must not be able to stand on it's own merits.

MinionZombie
22-Oct-2012, 06:55 PM

Just to clarify the spoilers issue.

Unlike other forums out there, we don't fling spoilers around willy nilly here at HPOTD. We've had members discover, much to their frustration, spoilers about the show from other sources (Facebook, YouTube, other forums, etc) and it's not something we like to perpetuate - we love to watch the show as-it-happens and enjoy it as the rollercoaster ride it was designed to be. :)

Episode discussions are, as you'll have seen by now, kept to a separate thread for each episode. All talk of that episode goes in that thread only. Possible theories for future developments that involve a potential spoiler (e.g. referencing a later story arc or event in the comics) gets placed within "spoiler tags" (go here - http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/misc.php?do=bbcode - for info on how to use all the different tags, including spoiler tags).

Spoilers are also actively discouraged from appearing in the shoutbox (at the top of the main forum page). There's a thriving TWD viewership here at HPOTD and we get very wrapped up in it, and we don't like big plot twists/info to be spoiled in advance (heck, a number of us don't like any piece of info, no matter how small, being spoiled) - other communities might be very free on spoilers, but we're very strict on spoilers. Plenty of forewarning and use of spoiler tags is the way forward - we don't really discuss leaked scripts for the show here either. General talk of the direction of the show is fine though (such talk is often personal theories or feelings about how the show is currently evolving).

That might sound a bit OTT, but it's just how we've always approached TWD spoilers here, and it means nobody comes here and goes away unhappy having learned something they didn't want to know. Put simply though, if in doubt, use spoiler tags. :)

Finally, I hope you continue to join in the TWD discussion here at HPOTD, we welcome you to jump on in and enjoy the chit-chat. :cool: