PDA

View Full Version : Animated Indiana Jones...?

LouCipherr
01-Oct-2012, 02:09 PM
Source: http://io9.com/5947699/what-if-indiana-jones-continued-his-adventures-in-an-animated-series (http://io9.com/5947699/what-if-indiana-jones-continued-his-adventures-in-an-animated-series)

What if Indiana Jones continued his adventures in an animated series?
Lauren Davis

After Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, we're a little leery of future films with Indy and the crew. But what if we turned back the clock to follow the further adventures of a younger Indiana Jones?

Patrick Schoenmaker has created licensed Indiana Jones illustrations. In fact, he made the image at top for Acme Archives. (It's still available as a limited edition print via his blog.) And he's created banner images (including the shaman-punching one immediately below) for TheRaider.net. But he's also working on his very own fan project: an Indiana Jones animation. He's begun posting backgrounds and a layout from the animation, and the designs look promising. I can't wait to see the finished product.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/180qpwduzoz84jpg/original.jpg

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/180qpwdv5y9ysjpg/original.jpg

Could be interesting. Maybe if it's done in cartoon form less people would bitch about the fridge. :shifty:

:lol:

bassman
01-Oct-2012, 02:13 PM
They should get the guy that did Han's voice in that Star Wars short from a few years back. Sounded a lot like Ford.

I would watch it. And Kingdom is a decent movie. I have to throw that out there at every little chance. :p

EvilNed
01-Oct-2012, 02:17 PM
I am not interested in another Indiana Jones film. I am not interested in another Indiana Jones series. I am not interested in another Star Wars film. I am not interested in another Star Wars series. I cannot state this with enough apathy.

MoonSylver
01-Oct-2012, 02:52 PM
I'd be about 10 different kinds of down for that. ;)

They should get the guy that did Han's voice in that Star Wars short from a few years back. Sounded a lot like Ford.

I would watch it. And Kingdom is a decent movie. I have to throw that out there at every little chance. :p

First thing I thought of too. :) Oh, & agreed & agreed. ;)

I am not interested in another Indiana Jones film. I am not interested in another Indiana Jones series. I am not interested in another Star Wars film. I am not interested in another Star Wars series. I cannot state this with enough apathy.

I'll see your apathy & raise you a "so what" & "who f*cking cares?" :fin: :lol:

LouCipherr
01-Oct-2012, 03:05 PM

Oh, & agreed & agreed. ;)

I agree with those agreements.

Wait, what? :lol:

I liked Crystal Skull, too. Some of it was a bit of a stretch, but every Indy film revolves around something like that, right?

I'll see your apathy & raise you a "so what" & "who f*cking cares?" :fin: :lol:

:lol:

Wow, and ya'll thought I was the grumpy one around here, eh? :lol: :D

Neil
01-Oct-2012, 03:08 PM

Sorry, really not clear on your point there!?

rongravy
01-Oct-2012, 08:45 PM
They can do an animated one if they want, but I'd still like at least one more movie.
Sorry, but all four movies were kickass.

Rancid Carcass
01-Oct-2012, 08:56 PM
What if Indiana Jones continued his adventures in an animated series?

It could be quite interesting. I'm already looking forward to Indiana Jones and the Wascally Wabbit, where he teams up with Elmer Fud... hell yeah!

:D

AcesandEights
01-Oct-2012, 09:08 PM
Okay, this could be cool, or maybe not...depends on how it's handled and the tone of the show. I really don't want to see a redux of Ducktales for this IP, though. Could be cool, though.

Also, it's funny, because we're moving today and my wife and I are both dressed down, baseball caps etc. and she has a new short hair cut and I was joking she should go as Shortround for Halloween.

aaron2
29-Oct-2012, 09:51 AM
It will be interesting to see the indiana jones in anime series.....They can make movie in 3d and it will be preety awesome :)

- - - Updated - - -

It will be interesting to see the indiana jones in anime series.....They can make movie in 3d and it will be preety awesome :)

EvilNed
29-Oct-2012, 10:15 AM
This is the reason all we get is shit from Hollywood...

LouCipherr
31-Oct-2012, 12:56 PM
This is the reason all we get is shit from Hollywood...

Really? I'd rather see this than some stupid remake...

bassman
31-Oct-2012, 02:16 PM
Now that George Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney, I wonder how that would fare for Indiana Jones? Will they be wanting to move forward with more films also? Possibly with a new creative team?

My vote would go to Brad Bird, who already has ties with Disney/Pixar. He did a great job with Mission Impossible 4 and I could see him giving the series the respect it deserves....

krisvds
01-Nov-2012, 07:01 AM
No Bassman, no! Bad!
Please let them leave the Indy film series alone. No Ford, no Indy. Guy is too old (unless they have him play the role Sean Connery did in the Last Crusade. That MAYBE could work). I love the original trilogy too much.

bassman
01-Nov-2012, 11:35 AM
Ford still has plenty of years left in him to do more Indy films. As you say, he could be more of the father role that Connery played in Crusade. At least one more movie to round out the series to a nice five movies.