PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 BFG Edition

ProfessorChaos
15-Oct-2012, 04:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-AhtmMfHh4

anyone else plan to pick this up? i've got a ton of dvds and few old games i'm trading in to a local buy/sell/trade joint, and will likely use some of my trade-in on this one....played a bit on the original xbox, but never really put too much time into it as i was in a major halo-frenzy during that time.

this includes all expansions for doom 3, plus the first two doom games, and will retail for 40 bucks. sounds like a deal to me....

EvilNed
15-Oct-2012, 05:46 AM
Yes! I will. I play the original games alot, so I don't need that, but I haven't played Doom 3 since it's release and the new stuff seems rad.

Neil
15-Oct-2012, 09:31 AM
No PC?

Can't say I was very impressed when it first came out, so it would have to be something pretty amazing for me to look at it now...

EvilNed
15-Oct-2012, 01:15 PM
It says PC at the end... At least there's a PC DVD-case and Wikipedia also says it'll be on PC.

Neil
15-Oct-2012, 06:24 PM
It says PC at the end... At least there's a PC DVD-case and Wikipedia also says it'll be on PC.

OK.... I'll have a look to see what's been done to it incase I think maybe it's a different enough animal to spark my interest :)

EvilNed
17-Oct-2012, 05:39 PM
HPSVLI6lEoI

Neil
17-Oct-2012, 08:33 PM
^^ Hardly a huge difference/improvement? And besides, it was the gameplay that I found the issue, not the graphics...

bassman
17-Oct-2012, 08:49 PM
I loved Doom 3. It was an extremely fun game to play in a dark room.....but...

Am I the only one that thinks the BFG edition looks worse than the original?....

EvilNed
18-Oct-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm not impressed either. But at least we can hold the gun and the flashlight at the same time this time around.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently, it's the first game with Oculus Rift support...

And this is what Oculus Rift is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oculus_Rift

And that's where my money is going.

EvilNed
20-Oct-2012, 10:37 AM
Picked it up yesterday.

After all these years, the game still looks and plays great. I wish they'd done more with the graphics, like Valve did with Half Life 1 when they released the High Definition Pack. Most of the models still work fine, but the textures are pretty low-res compared to todays standards and you'd think that wouldn't be that tough to improve.

Anyway...

It has 3D support, and damn this game will be the perfect way to try out the Oculus Rift when it arrives.