PDA

View Full Version : New zombie flick called "The Bay" will be hitting theaters on November 2nd...

Kaos
17-Oct-2012, 01:58 AM
...the weird thing is that it is directed by famous Baltimore director, Barry Levinson. It is a slightly different take on the found footage convention. Instead of finding a single camera that displays what is happening as it happens, the film is comprised of various independent shots made by various cell phones and video cameras found and put together to construct a narrative.

The Bay of the title is the Chesapeake Bay which is where this movie is set.

This film made the rounds last month. Some sites find it dull, and others seem to like it. I'll give it a shot.

AcesandEights
17-Oct-2012, 02:41 AM
Thanks so much for the heads up, Kaos! This really picqued my interest...firstly it's a different take on presentation, but there's hope of some good traditional zombie narrative and horror. Then there's also the matter of it not being some crappy zomedy.

Then I searched for a Trailer and was pretty pleasantly surprised. Who knows?

JRtgoJ_pFnQ

Legion2213
17-Oct-2012, 07:00 PM
The sea of dead fish was pretty biblical, and scary.

AcesandEights
17-Oct-2012, 07:07 PM
The sea of dead fish was pretty biblical, and scary.

Yeah, I figure it's definitely worth a look. It could be a bad sign if it means a ton of paranormal activity style cash-in zed films, but frankly, I'm game for a (hopefully) decent effort and I think the idea lends itself well to the sub-genre. It looks like its worth a shot to me, anyway.

It's funny I don't recall hearing about it before Kaos posted on it last night, surprised it may have slipped by (some of) us here.

EvilNed
17-Oct-2012, 10:18 PM
Not that many zombies in the trailer... Didn't really seem like a zombieflick.

Still, I'll defo check it out.

MoonSylver
17-Oct-2012, 11:24 PM
http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?20808-The-Bay-%28film%29

Posted by Neil, in Horror, 2 weeks ago. You guys have short memories. ;)

Looks great, but not a zomb flick is it? I got the impression it was more a "killer parasites" thing. Not to drag the discussion into a "28 Days" direction, but these aren't even "Night of the Creeps"/"Slither" style parasites are they? :confused:

Kaos
18-Oct-2012, 12:35 AM
You guys have short memories. ;)

Can't help it if vBulletin search sucks and Neil can't categorize a zombie movie post so that it goes into the zombie-specific forum. :D

MoonSylver
18-Oct-2012, 04:09 AM
Can't help it if vBulletin search sucks and Neil can't categorize a zombie movie post so that it goes into the zombie-specific forum. :D

As I say, can anyone confirm it IS a zomb movie? :rockbrow: I'm genuinely curious.

Kaos
18-Oct-2012, 12:26 PM
Not certain if it plays more to 28 Days Later or not. It was in the Horror section, but oddly the Evil Dead remake is in the Media section.

In any event, I am just as interested in the film because it is Levinson's first foray into horror, and it is a local setting. There are not many movies set along the Chesapeake Bay.

MoonSylver
18-Oct-2012, 04:27 PM
Not certain if it plays more to 28 Days Later or not. It was in the Horror section, but oddly the Evil Dead remake is in the Media section.

In any event, I am just as interested in the film because it is Levinson's first foray into horror, and it is a local setting. There are not many movies set along the Chesapeake Bay.

Oh absolutely. Between the pedigree of the filmmaker+the subject matter+a compelling trailer I'm interested. :)

LouCipherr
18-Oct-2012, 05:02 PM
Huh. A zombie film that takes place right in my own back yard. Interesting!

I knew when I saw Levinson's name it would be centered in Maryland. :lol: :D

bd2999
22-Oct-2012, 09:10 PM
Based on the zombie like creature in the back seat I think at least part of it will be along those lines. It might not be a zombie movie in the sense of dead people going around, although we do not know that they are deal or alive. But recently it has gotten harder to make the distinction. The 28 Days Later movie has really made popular the infected human sort of zombie, so not sure what can be done about the categories.

Diary of the Dead tried to do something like this, although I like the general look of this better. I saw someone worried that this causes an army of copy cats. This is already copying that style. Not to mention there are so many bad zombie flicks out at the moment who really cares. I would say 8/10 are aweful. This looks ok.

Saurian
27-Nov-2012, 07:46 PM
Looks stupid. I always thought though that a parasite attacking the body or a virus like rabies would be better then dead rising like NOTLD had without any cause unless it was bible based which I think is bs.

aaron2
01-Dec-2012, 03:55 PM
Saw it yesterday!
Story is like something has infected the water there. But it's not 100% known what it is or how it is transmitted. But when people start turning up dead and others start to do strange things, fear turns to panic and the town is shut down. The Government confiscate all video footage from every source possible. The Government didn't want you to see this. This is that footage which is put together by a news reporter who was there.