PDA

View Full Version : now the EU wants the power to veto national budgets...

Mike70
18-Oct-2012, 03:53 PM
wow. that is a scary thought. i feel sorry for those of you living in this mess. the folks behind this are gradually exposing their true motives and i don't know how you would feel about this but i'd be enraged at the very thought. to me, at least, it appears that Germany and France want to use their economic power within the EU to have it their way and their way only in order to create a huge entity that they are pretty much in sole control of.

the UK seems to have already told Merkel to go f*ck herself over this idea. the folks in the UK should really think long and hard about remaining a part of this. withdraw from it and throw your lot in with Canada and the United States. a vast majority of Americans (90% in the last poll, second only to Canada) love the hell out of the UK because of all the blood we've shed together over the years. you have far more in common with North America than you would think and would be far better off.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19986603#

Neil
18-Oct-2012, 04:18 PM
Throw us a rope and pull us on over! Preferably down a bit towards Florida where it's a bit warmer!

EvilNed
18-Oct-2012, 04:22 PM
Honestly, this makes sense to me. If the EU is gonna be any kind of Union, it better shape up or dissolve. The way it is now, they're sharing a common currency and a common market, but there are very few laws to govern it.

Mike70
18-Oct-2012, 04:47 PM
Throw us a rope and pull us on over! Preferably down a bit towards Florida where it's a bit warmer!

I wish we could, man, i wish we could. then it wouldn't be such a long flight. i've been over 4 or 5 times mostly to find a place to quiet my mind. I'm quite fond of the town of Keswick. my people came from Carlisle and i feel very comfortable up north. i like colder weather, so Fla. is not on my travel list. :lol:

Tricky
18-Oct-2012, 07:20 PM
Thankfully our present government, despite their many faults, is pulling us back from the EU in a lot of areas, if Labour were still in power we would still be blindly agreeing to everything the EU says.
I'm absolutely astounded that the EU won the nobel peace prize this week though, Greece is teetering on the brink of some form of conflict, Spain isn't far behind, and I would have thought the EU allowing the Srebrenica massacre would have put them out of the running, I can only assume there was a lack of candidates this year...

Mr. Clean
18-Oct-2012, 07:36 PM

lol Florida might get a little upset over all the lost beach front...How about California? It's kind of out of the way but if anyone deserves to lose their coastline it would be that disaster of a state. Might be able to finally build that bridge to Hawaii too!

Mike70
19-Oct-2012, 04:44 PM
lol Florida might get a little upset over all the lost beach front...How about California? It's kind of out of the way but if anyone deserves to lose their coastline it would be that disaster of a state. Might be able to finally build that bridge to Hawaii too!

how would the UK ever fit through the panama canal? :lol: talk about massive construction project.