PDA

View Full Version : Radiohead, the King Of Limbs Tour

krisvds
19-Oct-2012, 05:36 PM
I've been to a lot of concerts in my life but yesterday i witnessed one of the very best ...
If any of you outside of europe (they just wrapped up the European leg of the tour) gets the chance to see these guys live do not hesitate.
Their recent, more experimental, electronic work sounds so much better live!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ML3u-d0ozM4

capncnut
20-Oct-2012, 05:16 AM
I passed up on them this year because I'm not really a fan of the new album. Saw them at Wembley Arena in 1997 on the OK Computer tour (which was outstanding) and again in 2001 at Victoria Park for Kid A. Radiohead are a decent live band.

krisvds
20-Oct-2012, 05:48 AM
Yeah. I'm a fan of their music. They keep innovating and don't rely on nostalgia to build a live show. There are little 'hits' being played and a lot of great musicianship on stage.

Saw them five times; once with 'The Bends', twice on their 'OK computer' tour (Rock Werchter, Forest National) and once on the 'Hail to the thief' tour and everytime was different and exciting.

Their last album is very experimental and relies on a lot of 'beat.' At one time there were three people playing drums om stage (!). When played live those recent songs transform into something way more dynamic. They sound more like Can now than ever before. Many people left the show dissappointed that they didn't play Creep. What were they expecting?

I've seen Tom Waits, Prince, David Bowie live... Radiohead is up there with the very best IMO