PDA

View Full Version : Call Of Duty 3 - Gameplay Video

Bunker65
06-Jul-2006, 02:17 PM
I know not everyone here is a fan of the WWII genre games like I am but I thought you'd like to check this video out either way:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/4412#

Click on "Watch Larger Format" & enjoy :). I like the added "hand to hand" combat that was in the video.

I know that after watching it I'm going to go back & play through the campaign on Call Of Duty 2 again :D.

Danny
06-Jul-2006, 03:19 PM
okay thats the straw that broke the camels back, yet another game about killing germans, granted most germans nowadays dont agree with the nazis but still there granparents were in that war so its still creepy to think your virtually killing someones grandad,lol.
theres just no need to keep bringing up WWII games, it happened like 65 years ago people need more ideas than bringing up one war again and again.:bored:

Bunker65
06-Jul-2006, 03:30 PM
okay thats the straw that broke the camels back, yet another game about killing germans, granted most germans nowadays dont agree with the nazis but still there granparents were in that war so its still creepy to think your virtually killing someones grandad,lol.
theres just no need to keep bringing up WWII games, it happened like 65 years ago people need more ideas than bringing up one war again and again.:bored:

I knew you'd be in the camp of not being a fan of the WWII genre games :D. As they say though, "to each their own" :). Thankfully there will be many more games coming for those out there who are tired of the WWII FPS games that are coming later in the year.

Danny
06-Jul-2006, 03:32 PM
we need more origional ones like half life 2, halo , farcry and **** like that.

or more arcade rail shooters like house of the dead 2 or panzer dragoon.:D

Tullaryx
06-Jul-2006, 05:19 PM
I don't care where a game is set in history. Past, present or future it all boils down to gameplay and COD3 looks sick.

Bunker65
06-Jul-2006, 05:27 PM
I don't care where a game is set in history. Past, present or future it all boils down to gameplay and COD3 looks sick.

I agree 100% :).

Also, I just found a bit more info in an interview with one of the folks at 1Up. You will play as 4 different character's in COD3. They are:

American Infantryman
British SAS Commando
Canadian Mechanized Infantryman
Polish Tanker

Each character will have their own squads that you will interact with. :cool:

MinionZombie
07-Jul-2006, 06:07 PM
Well, that looked f*cking awesome, it's not a major step up from COD2, mainly just fancier smoke/explosion effects as well as little added in things (like hand-to-hand combat).

Also I remember reading that this isn't actually Call of Duty 3, it's actually just like Call of Duty: Big Red One - it's not a proper sequel, it's just a console version (yes, COD2 was on consoles as well). Can't remember where I read this, but it was on a gaming website where it was said that it wasn't ACTUALLY COD3 ... that said, the game still looks great fun ... shame about it being on a console.

Keyboard & Mouse all the way baby!

erisi236
07-Jul-2006, 06:27 PM
heh, I love WW2 FPS games and all but can we start blasting Japanese or Italians, the Allies fought those guys as well. :rolleyes:

a "what if" FPS game would be nice as well, fighting Germans in Washington, or block to block battles in London, might be a nice change of pace

MinionZombie
07-Jul-2006, 06:42 PM
*ahem*

Medal of Honour: Pacific Assault - there you're killin' Japs so "there's a Jap!" comes up a LOT in the in-game NPC vocab, hehe. They also do kamikazee charges, cool game though it has some faults.

AcesandEights
07-Jul-2006, 07:22 PM
okay thats the straw that broke the camels back, yet another game about killing germans,

Dude, their pixelated nazis. Aside from being really snappy dressers, the only redeeming quality of your average nazi is the fact that they are the all-time-classic villain and, thus, given to being killed in gouts of 720p resolution blood.

I do agree that more eras of gameplay are needed, as you can never have too much diversity. How about Victorian Enlgand, or Triassic era Gondwanaland? Those would be spot on time periods to kill a few nazis in :D

EDITED: for silly spelling mistake.

MinionZombie
07-Jul-2006, 09:49 PM
720 resolution? Pah, rock on PC with 1280x1024, boo-yah! Damn consoles, lol.

*high five to all my PC lovin' funky friends* :cool:

You can't really beat a bit of Nazi bashing in Call of Duty 2 really. I just had another bash on that, it's great to shoot their helmet off and they panic, then you take them down in a hail of lead from your Thompson and fire off a mag from your M1 Garand ... for good measure ... then chuck a grenade on his balls and run away giggling...:D

MikePizzoff
07-Jul-2006, 09:56 PM
we need more origional ones like half life 2, halo , farcry and **** like that.

If they're so original, how come you can name 3? Plus, I could probably add twice as many more to the list of games like that.

CoD3 looks amazing!

Danny
07-Jul-2006, 10:43 PM
If they're so original, how come you can name 3?

becuase, and brace yourself for this, those games really exist, shocking ,i know but there we are.

I do agree that more eras of gameplay are needed, as you can never have too much diversity. How about Victorian Enlgand, or Triassic era Gondwanaland? Those would be spot on time periods to kill a few nazis in :D

thats what i was getting at ,not some kind of oh be nice thing im just bored of ww2, there all the same i just think they need more ideas than "stalingrad 1942....in yet another game about the same thing".
i mean the level design may be different but saide from brothers in arms there all virtually the same game.

a "what if" FPS game would be nice as well, fighting Germans in Washington, or block to block battles in London, might be a nice change of pace

actually, for those who dont know, theres a 'what if?' WWII game coming out for the xbox 360 were a virus called the chimera arrives on earth from space in 1930-ish and mutates people so its still world war 2 ,but with no nazis and zombie mutant things instead, sounds good:)

coma
07-Jul-2006, 11:01 PM
That sounds really good to me.
I like COD2 alot, I don't care if it's played out.
A oacific theatre Isalnd hopping version would be cool too.

"Medal of Honour: Pacific Assault". I just saw that post. Is that the game with the horrid graphics?

MikePizzoff
07-Jul-2006, 11:10 PM
becuase, and brace yourself for this, those games really exist, shocking ,i know but there we are.

That's not what I meant. I meant they aren't very original at all. All three follow the same formula. I guess Farcry is more so in its own category, though.

Danny
07-Jul-2006, 11:15 PM
true, i just mean gameplay wise there pretty varied ,well halo 2 and half life 2 are pretty different compared to call of duty 2 and medal of honour which are very samey, and seriously what was up with farcry, that had more editions than call of duty has sequels, is it zombies, aliens or what?, make up your damn minds ubisoft!

Arcades057
08-Jul-2006, 01:09 AM
They should come out with a first-person shooter like Call of Duty where you play as a German. You are the soldier in the tactical first-person mode, BUT, there is also a strategic mode, where you can influence the war itself and change history. I can see the battles taking you from the invasion of Poland and then France, possibly the called-off Sealion invasion of England, over to Russia, and then ladies and gentlemen, even to the US.

Or just some more US, UK, and USSR soldier games.

Tricky
08-Jul-2006, 09:16 AM
I love world war 2 games,theres so many battles that they can draw inspiration from,& as technology moves on they can only improve the realism of the battles,even if they re-tread old ground like the omaha landing.Brothers in arms was a good one i thought,and educational at the same time.

slickwilly13
17-Jul-2006, 08:39 PM
I sure some of yall know this already.

http://xbox360.qj.net/Dead-Rising-Banned-in-Germany/pg/49/aid/58947

Danny
17-Jul-2006, 08:53 PM
i think we can all say "huh?"

slickwilly13
17-Jul-2006, 09:38 PM
ahh crap, I made a post under the wrong one. I'm moving it to dead rising discussion. sorry