PDA

View Full Version : Doc of the Dead

bassman
24-Oct-2012, 06:34 PM
A new documentary on zombie culture from the creator of "The People VS George Lucas"

gZHLS2PwMKs

Any Town, Anywhere USA – Denver, CO – October 24, 2012 – THEY’RE YOU. THEY’RE US. THEY’RE EVERYWHERE…THEY’RE ALL MESSED UP…THEY’RE DEAD. DOC OF THE DEAD is the definitive Zombie culture documentary, and speculative chronicle of the Zombie Apocalypse. The film features appearances by Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead) and the Grandfather of Zombie-dom, George A. Romero (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead). Others planned for the film include author Max Brooks (World War Z, soon to be a major motion picture starring Brad Pitt), Greg Nicotero (Executive Producer and make-up FX “The Walking Dead”), Charlie Adlard (Artist, “The Walking Dead”), Mick Garris (Stephen King’s “The Shining,” and “The Stand”), Steve Barton (Dread Central), Alan Jones (Frightfest), and many more!

I wonder how Frumkes will feel about the title....

AcesandEights
24-Oct-2012, 07:26 PM
A new documentary on zombie culture from the creator of "The People VS George Lucas"

Nice, I don't know if I've ever watched a full length generalized documentary about the genre, now that I think about it.

Neil
25-Oct-2012, 10:59 AM
2014?

bassman
25-Oct-2012, 11:51 AM
Yeah, this is what I guess you would call the "Announcement Trailer". They've interviewed Simon Pegg and Romero, but have many other interviews still lined up over the next year or so.

wayzim
26-Oct-2012, 12:24 PM
Yeah, this is what I guess you would call the "Announcement Trailer". They've interviewed Simon Pegg and Romero, but have many other interviews still lined up over the next year or so.

I like the part where George says that no one can really explain why folks want to dress up like zombies. It reminds me of something said in an article from way back when - about the vampire subculture - that you would find that everyone wants to be Count Dracula but nobody wants to be Doctor Van Helsing.

Of course Zombies are more elemental than that, and Zombie exterminators are better armed ( we don't need no stinkin crosses ). I think that has a lot to do with the appeal of the Walking Dead - no extra baggage - just a simple desire to Rip n' Tear n' Consume.

This documentary looks promising.

Wayne Z

"This ain't no midnight horror flick or creature double feature, babe. "

from the short story, DeadFall: Foreshadow