PDA

View Full Version : New Possibility about Land timeline

Philly_SWAT
06-Jul-2006, 02:46 PM
Did you ever wonder how the "biker gang" was able to "survive on the road" during the outbreak, with all the chaos that was going on? Especially considering how thoughtless and careless that they were with their own safety? Could be that they were another group stationed within "the Green", not controlled by Kaufman, who were basically doing the same thing, but without a cool armoured vehicle like the dead reckoning? Like providing black marker items for the masses? Cholo and Riley seemed to be getting high end luxery items for the people in the tower, but didnt seem to be getting enough food and supplies for all of the lower class people living in the streets. Where were the lower class getting their supplies? And why would Kaufman care about them anyway? They had enough alcohol and food to sell at stands in the street, had to be coming from somewhere. It seems logical that daring types would go out into the wild to get supplies to make a profit off the lower class. The biker gang that hit the mall in Dawn could easily be a group such as this, lending credence to the idea that Land is around the same time as Dawn, and much earlier than Day.

PS - This is just a theory that happens to fit the facts. I am not claiming that there is any direct evidence to this at all in the films. But fact of the matter is, the masses living in the streets of the Green were getting supplies from somewhere, and Sherlock Holmes said "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever is left, however improbable, must be the truth".

Adrenochrome
06-Jul-2006, 02:50 PM
again.....the truck that Riley and Charlie rode into town with........make and model??? LOL (about timeline)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Tomar/PDVD_010.jpg

Griff
06-Jul-2006, 02:58 PM
...and Sherlock Holmes said "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever is left, however improbable, must be the truth".

Sure, its possible. But then its also possible they were out collecting for the Red Cross.

DjfunkmasterG
06-Jul-2006, 03:27 PM
again.....the truck that Riley and Charlie rode into town with........make and model??? LOL (about timeline)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v80/Tomar/PDVD_010.jpg

You have to forget make and model year of vehicles if you suspend the belief of time in GAR Films.

However... Land still comes after Day.! :p

Adrenochrome
06-Jul-2006, 03:55 PM
You have to forget make and model year of vehicles if you suspend the belief of time in GAR Films.

However... Land still comes after Day.! :p
Ya,....I was meaning.....Land came YEARS after day.....and people were still making trucks. LOL

bassman
06-Jul-2006, 04:18 PM
They're only freaking movies. Just enjoy them already.

I don't understand this obsession with a "timeline"....

Adrenochrome
06-Jul-2006, 04:26 PM
They're only freaking movies. Just enjoy them already.

I don't understand this obsession with a "timeline"....
oh,
I know.....that was for the fanbois..just so they can wipe their emo hair out of their eyes and ENJOY SOME FICTION!!!!!!!..LOL

Crow T R0bot
18-Jul-2006, 05:24 PM
I too saw some similarities between the supply gang and the biker gang in LOTD and DOTD respectively. The latter also attacked the Monroeville Mall, which is only a hop, skip, and a jump from Pittsburgh, so it actually seems like more than a coincidence.

As for the different truck models, I owe it to something called "The James Bond effect" as while Bond never seems to age, his movies more or less reflect the times they were filmed in. Being in terms of technology, clothing, mannerisms, and (in the case of Bond only) politics.

coma
18-Jul-2006, 06:50 PM
There is a siomilarity between Bikers in Both films because Bikers look similar.
There are way more than 20/30 bikers in Pennsylvania. Bikers would also survive because of a ready made independant support structure and the abiltiy to be fully mobile.
Bikers tend to do dirty jobs and often have little issue with retaliatory violence.
Simple as that.

I really also don't think that GAR cares about a marvel universe type continuity with non stop esoteric cross refernces.

I think Savini as in it because he wasn't doing the FX and he wanted to be involved in it in some way.

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 04:45 AM
I think Savini as in it because he wasn't doing the FX and he wanted to be involved in it in some way.

Once again the simpliest explanation is probably the correct one.