PDA

View Full Version : Third episode - "Walk with me"

thxleo
26-Oct-2012, 08:01 PM
Another solid episode, concentrating completely on Andrea and Michonne meeting The Governor. Morrissey is excellent and, much like Andrew Lincoln, understands how to create a southern accent without sounding like some country hick. There are once again some funny little nods to Day of the Dead, which I love. Look closely though and see if you can notice the Jaws nod as well.

bassman
26-Oct-2012, 08:38 PM
Not looking for spoilers necessarily, but you're saying there is literally no mention of Rick and the prison group throughout the episode? I could tell from the previews that the episode would mainly be Andrea and Michonne at Woodbury, but I figured there would at least be a few small scenes with Rick's group.

thxleo
26-Oct-2012, 09:13 PM
Not looking for spoilers necessarily, but you're saying there is literally no mention of Rick and the prison group throughout the episode? I could tell from the previews that the episode would mainly be Andrea and Michonne at Woodbury, but I figured there would at least be a few small scenes with Rick's group.

No, you never see the prison or Rick's group at all.

babomb
28-Oct-2012, 02:58 AM
I had a feeling that was gonna be the case since last week we didn't see Andrea and Michonne at all. I really hope it's good though. Otherwise it'll be like waiting 2 weeks for another episode.

ProfessorChaos
28-Oct-2012, 05:38 AM
gotta be honest, andrea is probably my least favorite character on this show....haven't really liked her from the start. the actress playing her isn't the problem, but she certainly doesn't help. and i think michonne is kind of a joke of a character with her super-sword that's probably chopped through seven thousand walkers to this point in the comics. both characters could have been omitted from the comics and show and it would have been an improvement in either case, in my opinion.

oh well, at least we'll get to meet the fine folks of woodbury...now that is something i'm excited about.

bassman
28-Oct-2012, 12:18 PM
I disagree. The comics wouldn't be the same without Michonne.

I often wonder if people that say she's only a "super powered ninja" have honestly read the comics, or if they just looked at a bio page for the character....

ProfessorChaos
28-Oct-2012, 03:18 PM
my problem with michonne lies more with her katana rather than her personality. seems like at some point it would've finally broken after her using it for months and months of daily hacking and slashing through hundreds of heads. i'm actually kinda looking forward to seeing if her experiences from the comic will make it to the show. could be pretty intense....now as long as she doesn't have that katana in season 6,

andrea, however, just comes off as such a bitch, particularly on the show. she's always strutting around with that duck-face look and such a sour attitude towards pretty much everyone and everything. i liked the actress when she was in the film "the mist", but the way she portrays andrea (who i'm not a big fan of from the comics, admittedly) just irritates me pretty much the whole time she's on screen.