PDA

View Full Version : wZom (2012)

Cereval
31-Oct-2012, 07:15 PM
Howdy,

As promised, I'd like to share the zombie short I filmed last summer in Chicago - it was produced entirely by high school students. Happy Halloween!

http://vimeo.com/52304565

Don't forget to check out the "The Making of WZOM (http://vimeo.com/51354897)" documentary as well.

Your old pal,
Kris
AKA Cereval

Neil
05-Nov-2012, 02:37 PM
Hi Kris! Nice to have you back again!

Very nicely shot!

I tend to be fairly critical, and these are the only things I came up with...
1) The eating of the baby in the pram - We're X weeks into this thing, so that baby/body would be long gone? Like I said, I'm a continuity whore!
2) The lovely street reveal scene (showing the zombies) and following radio room scene... the music was great, was just too dominant.
3) The twist was broadcast to me from the first visit to her room. So unfortunately I new what was coming.

Fairly minor things in the scheme of things :)

Cereval
05-Nov-2012, 02:46 PM
Thanks Neil! (see my response below within the spoiler)

Hi Kris! Nice to have you back again!

Very nicely shot!

I tend to be fairly critical, and these are the only things I came up with...
1) The eating of the baby in the pram - We're X weeks into this thing, so that baby/body would be long gone? Like I said, I'm a continuity whore!
This is a very good point. I might've questioned this myself had I not wrote. My only (weak) defense would be to say that we don't necessarily know the circumstances of how / when it got there. :)
2) The lovely street reveal scene (showing the zombies) and following radio room scene... the music was great, was just too dominant.
Sound design/mixing was a big challenge on this one. This was my first real 5.1 mix so I'm still learning - thanks for this feedback.
3) The twist was broadcast to me from the first visit to her room. So unfortunately I new what was coming.
You're clearly too savvy for a minor twist like that. :D

Fairly minor things in the scheme of things :)
Thank you ... I appreciate the feedback!

Neil
06-Nov-2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks Neil! (see my response below within the spoiler)

The daughter twist was an interesting one... I'd be interested if others picked up on it, or if I was just lucky/unlucky enough to spot something?

Oddeye
08-Nov-2012, 05:27 PM
awesome work!