PDA

View Full Version : The Asylum - Yeh, someone is going to (finally) sue their arses off!

Neil
08-Nov-2012, 03:32 PM
Their latest film is "Age of the Hobbit"... enough said!

Let's hope they get nailed to a wall over this with spears!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20252820

LouCipherr
08-Nov-2012, 05:19 PM
YES!

On the down side, you won't see as many "I have shamed myself..." posts from me (which is probably a good thing for most folks! :lol:).

On the up side: no more Abraham Lincoln vs. Zombies, Transmorphers, Sharktopus, or Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus-type flicks.

I see nothing but good things coming from this. :lol: :D

MinionZombie
08-Nov-2012, 06:48 PM
About bloody time. I'm sick of shit rip off movies getting chucked out with terrible acting, direction, scripts, effects, production etc etc etc - all that time, effort and money wasted on dreck, when it could be going to fund good projects by eager filmmakers who struggle to get heard ... heck, some of that money could be used for Deadlands III instead!

I'm stunned that nobody has sought to sue them until now - when you see titles like "The Terminators", with enemies in them that look decidedly familiar, you really have to wonder how they've not been sued before?!

This doesn't mean you can't have a cheesy movie that's just a bit of fun getting made, but the best cheesy movies have been made with the best intentions, and haven't been blatant copycats. There's a big difference between, for example, the stuff Roger Corman put out back in the day, and what The Asylum gets away with.

LouCipherr
09-Nov-2012, 02:31 PM
heck, some of that money could be used for Deadlands III instead!

Might I also be so bold as to suggest, perhaps, a full length Zombie Man flick? :shifty:

:lol: :D

Neil
09-Nov-2012, 02:53 PM
About bloody time. I'm sick of shit rip off movies getting chucked out with terrible acting, direction, scripts, effects, production etc etc etc - all that time, effort and money wasted on dreck, when it could be going to fund good projects by eager filmmakers who struggle to get heard ... heck, some of that money could be used for Deadlands III instead!

I'm stunned that nobody has sought to sue them until now - when you see titles like "The Terminators", with enemies in them that look decidedly familiar, you really have to wonder how they've not been sued before?!

This doesn't mean you can't have a cheesy movie that's just a bit of fun getting made, but the best cheesy movies have been made with the best intentions, and haven't been blatant copycats. There's a big difference between, for example, the stuff Roger Corman put out back in the day, and what The Asylum gets away with.

If this legal case goes against them, you never know they may not risk their normal $hit in future, meaning they'll actually - shock horror - have to make original features!

MinionZombie
09-Nov-2012, 07:18 PM
If this legal case goes against them, you never know they may not risk their normal $hit in future, meaning they'll actually - shock horror - have to make original features!

We can only hope!

Might I also be so bold as to suggest, perhaps, a full length Zombie Man flick? :shifty:

:lol: :D

Here here! :cool:

AcesandEights
09-Nov-2012, 07:36 PM
People making a product others utilize, pulling in a profit and providing jobs...we must crush zem!

blind2d
10-Nov-2012, 02:35 AM
Aces, you got a point, but... Hm. Yeah no, you do.

MinionZombie
10-Nov-2012, 11:45 AM
People making a product others utilize, pulling in a profit and providing jobs...we must crush zem!

While ripping off the creators and craftsmen who brought the original product in the first place... :p

The Asylum don't have to go, but for goodness sake, they should be doing something original - or at the very least not being the magpies of filmmaking, shamelessly stealing the hard work of others and pumping out steaming turds.

Neil
13-Nov-2012, 10:18 AM

Parasites living off other peoples talent and hard work, and tricking the public into renting their material instead of the vastly superior originals (stealing their money?)? Yes, we must crush zem!

As MZ just said, and I've said in the past, they clearly have the facilities and know how to make solid original productions. So why not?

AcesandEights
13-Nov-2012, 01:31 PM
Damn, Neil...it was Transmorphers you rented by accident, wasn't it? That's what has you so in a twist over Asylum.

Neil
13-Nov-2012, 06:00 PM
Damn, Neil...it was Transmorphers you rented by accident, wasn't it? That's what has you so in a twist over Asylum.

Luckily I've never given a cent to them... But there's plenty of stories of people who have got home for a real shock with a digital pile of dog $hit playing onto their TVs...

LouCipherr
13-Nov-2012, 07:15 PM
The Asylum don't have to go, but for goodness sake, they should be doing something original - or at the very least not being the magpies of filmmaking, shamelessly stealing the hard work of others and pumping out steaming turds.

Replace "The Asylum" with "Hollywood" in that sentence and it STILL makes sense with all the remakes as of late. How scary is that?! :elol:

Neil
13-Nov-2012, 07:52 PM
Replace "The Asylum" with "Hollywood" in that sentence and it STILL makes sense with all the remakes as of late. How scary is that?! :elol:

*sighs* Let me predict "Age of the Hobbit" will be a truly painful watch. Let me also predict the story resembles the Hobbit, and its cover/posters strangely resemble the Hobbit's too!

LouCipherr
13-Nov-2012, 08:02 PM
*sighs* Let me predict "Age of the Hobbit" will be a truly painful watch. Let me also predict the story resembles the Hobbit, and its cover/posters strangely resemble the Hobbit's too!

I'm sure it will be. In fact, I have no doubts.

I wonder why Asylum didn't make their hobbit movie 3 parts too....? :D

Neil
13-Nov-2012, 09:23 PM
I'm sure it will be. In fact, I have no doubts.

I wonder why Asylum didn't make their hobbit movie 3 parts too....? :D
I suspect the script writers can't count that high?