PDA

View Full Version : Boooooooooo!

Neil
26-Nov-2012, 06:10 PM
z4pYCS9WkOw

Mr. Clean
26-Nov-2012, 06:42 PM
Cell phones are causing many to lose situational awareness at dangerous levels here in the US all the time. The guy is extremely lucky.

LouCipherr
26-Nov-2012, 06:49 PM
I don't think he was talking on a cell phone, was he? He looked like he was filming the one train leaving and almost got nailed by the one coming in.

I'm not sure if I should call him "lucky" or "stupid"

Mr. Clean
27-Nov-2012, 08:38 AM
I don't think he was talking on a cell phone, was he? He looked like he was filming the one train leaving and almost got nailed by the one coming in.

I'm not sure if I should call him "lucky" or "stupid"

I sure hope that's not a cell phone. :p

My point was he lost his situational awareness and it nearly cost him his life. I was just correlating his incident to what goes on everyday here in the US amidst our nation of Smartphone users.

Neil
27-Nov-2012, 09:30 AM
It was a video camera. He was filming the steam train. If he'd just taken another step to his right to get a better angle! BAM!

LouCipherr
27-Nov-2012, 12:37 PM
I sure hope that's not a cell phone. :p

My point was he lost his situational awareness and it nearly cost him his life. I was just correlating his incident to what goes on everyday here in the US amidst our nation of Smartphone users.

:lol:

I thought you meant he had a cell. I was thinking to myself, "Either Mr. Clean is crazy, or I am, 'cause that looks like a camera to me" :D

I get what you're saying though, cell phones have indeed been an impedance on people's situational awareness. Remember that stupid woman who made the news last year by walking through the mall texting and fell right into a water fountain? Then had the nerve to sue the mall because the video was leaked? How stupid. Had she kept her mouth shut, no one would've ever known it was her. She's lucky she wasn't near train tracks or near a road.