PDA

View Full Version : Angus Jones (Two and a Half Men) describes show as 'filth'...

Neil
27-Nov-2012, 08:08 AM
An actor in one of the biggest comedies on US television, Two and a Half Men, has described the show as "filth", while urging viewers not to watch it.

In a video posted online by a Christian group, Angus T Jones said he no longer wanted to take part.

I assume he'll be giving away his substantial earnings from the TV series too? Supposedly he was on $300K+ per episode!

Mr. Clean
27-Nov-2012, 09:05 AM
I think it's surprising that the show has lasted this long. My best guess is CBS is still scratching their ass and sniffing their fingers in an attempt to get some inspiration for a new sitcom to fill that time slot and has been doing as such since Sheen left.

LouCipherr
27-Nov-2012, 12:43 PM
Waaaait a sec. Let me get this straight. This kid is on this show for how many years? Making how much money? And NOW he complains the show is filth and he's urging people not to watch it?

What a douchebag.

In a video posted online by a Christian group...

Oh, Nevermind. That explains it. :rolleyes:

AcesandEights
27-Nov-2012, 12:59 PM
The premise of the show is pretty predatory with regards to regular, long-term exposure of a child to crude, often sexual jokes or cheesecloth thin innuendo. Sex is hardly a bad thing, but when you treat it is as such in the presence of a child and expose a young kid to an unhealthy view of it or the slippery world of objectification before they even have a clue...well, over time that will impact the kid.

Now the kid might end up a Bible thumping *****.

Neil
27-Nov-2012, 12:59 PM
Oh, Nevermind. That explains it. :rolleyes:
He's standing ontop of a pile of money which according to him is dirty money. Will he donate it all somewhere? Or sit pretty on it with his new moral high ground?

AcesandEights
27-Nov-2012, 01:12 PM
He's standing ontop of a pile of money which according to him is dirty money. Will he donate it all somewhere? Or sit pretty on it with his new moral high ground?

Let's keep things in perspective, this is a showbiz kid who grew up in the Hollywood atmosphere who is still just a (dumb 19 year old) kid. I'd not expect that sort of reasoning from him, nor would I even blame him...his parents whored him out for that show, it's his money. I think I'd be more upset if he gave 100% of it away to charity, though nothing wrong with being generous were he to choose to give a good portion of it away.

LouCipherr
27-Nov-2012, 02:05 PM
Angus Jones = the new Kirk Cameron :lol:

AcesandEights
27-Nov-2012, 02:32 PM
Angus Jones = the new Kirk Cameron :lol:

http://17.media.tumblr.com/VFrxb7GAznr1c6czTWp3nDkKo1_400.gif