PDA

View Full Version : Brutally honest about the failures of ‘Blade: Trinity’

Neil
30-Nov-2012, 09:09 AM
This is a very interesting read!

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/11/21/patton-oswalt-gets-brutally-honest-about-the-failures-of-blade-trinity/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_37584

AcesandEights
30-Nov-2012, 01:42 PM
Reading it now during moments of downtime at the office...so far, yeah, it's actually quite an interesting read.

For me, my fav Blade was Blade 2, which I realize probably puts me on the outside of most conversations with people on this topic. I thought it was a great film for capturing a decent, if somewhat fantastical WoD feel.

EvilNed
30-Nov-2012, 01:58 PM
Blade 1 was the only good Blade.

bassman
30-Nov-2012, 03:44 PM
For me, my fav Blade was Blade 2, which I realize probably puts me on the outside of most conversations with people on this topic. I thought it was a great film for capturing a decent, if somewhat fanatical WoD feel.

I agree. The second film has always been my favorite. The first was kinda bland and I don't think I ever saw all of the third film. Just bits and pieces.

AcesandEights
30-Nov-2012, 04:13 PM
Blade 1 was the only good Blade.

I always thought the original Blade had a sort of tacked-together, cheap (in a bad way) and sloppy feel to it.

EvilNed
30-Nov-2012, 10:18 PM
To each their own. I love the action scenes of the first film and it's a tightly knit film. The world of vampires it presents felt more in tune with our own world than what was presented in the sequels.

The second one looks cheap, feels cheap and is very silly. It was the first film I saw that relied on CGI for portraying characters in action scenes and it looked really ugly. It also suffers from being way too long and stuffed with too many action scenes, silly plot twists and too many characters shoved in there.

The third one is just boring. Plain old boring.

Eyebiter
01-Dec-2012, 09:02 PM
Blade 3 was one of the few movies got up and left the theater before it was over.