PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion (film) - Scifi flick with Tom Cruise

Neil
09-Dec-2012, 08:28 PM
With visuals connected to Tron Legacy, I'm VERY interested!

EdzpNH0DNZ4

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59888

http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolproduction/ckeditor_assets/pictures/10464/original/OBL_OnlineWebArt_1206_4_IGN-610x895.jpg?1354905641

EvilNed
10-Dec-2012, 03:59 PM
Tom Cruise must close shut the jaws... of Oblivion!

AcesandEights
10-Dec-2012, 04:45 PM
I want this to star the inventor of the hoveround so bad!

Neil
21-Jan-2013, 08:09 AM
jZw5Wa8WKFo

Neil
15-Feb-2013, 09:59 AM
New trailer over at Empire Online - http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=36506

Neil
07-Mar-2013, 02:32 PM
Track from the soundtrack....

-6nzGfMla-k

Neil
16-Apr-2013, 09:05 PM
Well, just got back from it.

Beautifully shot and some great production values. However, it doesn't live up to it's potential IMHO. Still enjoyable ride, but not quite what it tried to be...

EvilNed
16-Apr-2013, 10:20 PM
Yeah, saw it yesterday as well.

Boy what a mediocre film. There's nothing outstanding about this in any way, shape or form. I literally figured out the entire plot by one of Tom Cruise's very first lines (he mentions a memory wipe in his third or fourth line) and after that it was all just a long, slow road where the film pretended to be smarter than it really was and acted as if the audience was somehow "in on it", just like the Tom Cruise's character. I'd be surprised if anyone didn't see the big twists coming along, they're so obvious.

That ruined much of the film for me. But other aspects of it were just shallow as well. Every part of this film has been done better in other films - in recent memory.

Generally speaking, to sum this up, it's a mediocre combination of Moon and Wall-E with Tom Cruise playing the boring protagonist. Boring is, by the way, a word I'd use for any and all characters in this film. There's not a single memorable one.

Neil
17-Apr-2013, 08:12 AM
I still enjoyed it, but yes, it wasn't as good or clever as it tried to be. But again, I have to say, the visuals and design was outstanding!

EvilNed
17-Apr-2013, 08:15 AM
The designs were either all-white or all-brown. Meh.

Neil
17-Apr-2013, 08:42 AM
The designs were either all-white or all-brown. Meh.

Well, I saw lots of clever design ideas in there!

Anway, couple of questions:-

- Why did Jack's wife seem to know what was going on when she'd been asleep from before he was taken, right up until he woke her up?
- Where did the other delta sleep unit come from? They had two, but we only saw them recover one?
- He certainly repaired her gun shot wound well. Fixed her up and then was shagging her senseless just a few hours later?
- Why didn't the Tet(?) send down more of the 50 zillion bots it seemed to have on board, which were all doing nothing?
- If only the Tet had a single gun of its own, rather then needing bots from half way across the ship to come and help.
- What's happened to the dozens of other Jacks? His wife could be one popular lady!

EvilNed
17-Apr-2013, 09:10 AM
Also:

How come the black box kept recording the flight even AFTER the delta sleep compartment was ejected? Wasn't the black box stored in that delta sleep compartment?

Neil
17-Apr-2013, 11:14 AM
I can't recall that scene now!? Can't recall what was shown to be recording and what was just flash back...