PDA

View Full Version : Zero Dark Thirty (film) - Kathryn Bigelow does it again!

Neil
19-Dec-2012, 08:11 AM
A chronicle of the decade-long hunt for al-Qaeda terrorist leader Osama bin Laden after the September 2001 attacks, and his death at the hands of the Navy S.E.A.L. Team 6 in May, 2011.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60062

It is urgent filmmaking, and Kathryn Bigelow has made a film that is not only important, but a cinematic miracle - ZERO DARK THIRTY assumes that we're all smart enough to take the journey. One of the best films of the year, without a doubt.

Mr. Clean
19-Dec-2012, 08:28 AM
This was the film that Republicans were having a cow about Julyish during the election. They were afraid that it would paint President Obama as some sorta hero or whatever but now that it's out.....Democrats are pissed because the film explains how the enhanced interrogation techniques (torture as some may call it...not me) used on those terrorists....got them to start dropping names which lead to Osama's location and well awaited death.

kaushalsingh
19-Dec-2012, 11:49 AM
I just loved this one for the theme they had shown!
We all knew what was going to happen in the end but still i could feel the anticipation!

bassman
19-Dec-2012, 01:04 PM
When I first heard the premise of this flick I kinda rolled my eyes, but then I remembered she made The Hurt Locker, which was great. I look forward to seeing this.

AcesandEights
19-Dec-2012, 01:20 PM
I was just talking with my wife about this last night. I do want to see it, but not in the theater...talk about the next film that is most likely to have some sort of nonsense Dark Knight style theater incident.

I just loved this one for the theme they had shown!
We all knew what was going to happen in the end but still i could feel the anticipation!
So you're saying you saw this already? :rockbrow:

LouCipherr
19-Dec-2012, 05:53 PM
"Kathryn Bigelow does it again!'

What, makes a movie far removed from reality while claiming otherwise? AWESOME! :shifty:

Let me ask those who want to see this a question: You don't want to see this because you believe this is actually how all this went down, do you?

Just curious...

AcesandEights
19-Dec-2012, 06:11 PM
Not taking the bait, Lou. Not again.

bassman
19-Dec-2012, 09:00 PM
Let me ask those who want to see this a question: You don't want to see this because you believe this is actually how all this went down, do you?

Just curious...

Does the marketing claim it's 100% factual? I'm honestly asking because i'm curious.

I don't expect it to be. I just expect a good flick. There could be flying monkeys in it for all I care. As long as it's good.

DjfunkmasterG
20-Dec-2012, 02:42 PM
Does the marketing claim it's 100% factual? I'm honestly asking because i'm curious.

I don't expect it to be. I just expect a good flick. There could be flying monkeys in it for all I care. As long as it's good.

I like flying monkeys

LouCipherr
21-Dec-2012, 02:01 PM
Not taking the bait, Lou. Not again.

Again? When did I bait you previously - except for, perhaps, with some bacon? :evil:

I'm not baiting, seriously. I was just asking out of curiosity. The Hurt Locker was supposed to be this fantastic portrayal of how it was over in the middle east currently, and all of the people who are really involved over there said that wasn't even close to how things actually are.

No, but it certainly doesn't say it's not, and they way they're putting out there is as if they're saying, "here's how it happened....." Same thing they did with the Hurt Locker which as anyone involved in the war in the middle east will tell you, that's not an accurate portrayal of what's going on over there. Good movie, but not based in the current reality (again, according to soldiers that have made statements about the flick).

Seriously, I swear, I wasn't trying to bait anyone, I was just curious if anyone believed this was the "true" story of how this happened. It's not, but perhaps it's as close to the real story as it could be. I don't know.

I like flying monkeys

A flying monkey taking out Bin Laden would probably make for an EXCELLENT movie! :lol: