PDA

View Full Version : Half Life Episode 4 footage/screens

Neil
14-Jan-2013, 03:30 PM
Half-life 2: Episode 4 or Return to Ravenholm was a title being developed by Arkane studios between 2006 and 2007 before eventually being cancelled. Little of the game beyond concept art and an animation reel demo has been seen before now. All images are verified as work from Episode 4.

Our investigators have uncovered a selection images which show some in-game shots of the title which show new textures and models Arkane had planned for the game. You may notice a HUD element saying 'Absorption' in the images, if you have any suggestions what that might be, we'd like to hear them!

http://www.valvetime.net/threads/new-images-of-half-life-2-episode-4-return-to-ravenholm.243033/

XRryGWqBNs8

capncnut
14-Jan-2013, 04:06 PM
There's nothing like the Half-Life atmosphere. Return to Ravenholm would've been an epic finale to HL2.

Neil
14-Jan-2013, 04:42 PM
Question is, what's happening with EP3??

MinionZombie
14-Jan-2013, 06:03 PM
Trust Valve to take the piss.

You have to wonder what on earth they're doing, these games are rabidly wanted by fans and would sell by the bucket load, plus they cracked into the console market with The Orange Box - so why did they just ditch Episode 3 (particularly after promising it, and leaving us all on a cliffhanger in Ep2)?!

EvilNed
14-Jan-2013, 06:57 PM
I've not played through HL2, but I loved the first one.

It's probably cheap as dirt on Steam. I might give it a go soon.

Sucks about Ep3 tho! They just abandoned it?

Neil
14-Jan-2013, 10:11 PM
Trust Valve to take the piss.

You have to wonder what on earth they're doing, these games are rabidly wanted by fans and would sell by the bucket load, plus they cracked into the console market with The Orange Box - so why did they just ditch Episode 3 (particularly after promising it, and leaving us all on a cliffhanger in Ep2)?!

They've ditched EP3? You sure?

Danny
14-Jan-2013, 10:54 PM
They've ditched EP3? You sure?

Well Gaben considers the episodic gaming experiment a failure with half life and most rumours suggest they scrapped a 60% done episode 3- with concept art and some rumoured to be legit screenshots surfacing recently- so they could just use the cliff hanger of episode 2 as the jumping off point for half life 3 in the new source engine - no doubt being held back for the new steam console.

Rancid Carcass
15-Jan-2013, 12:27 AM
half life 3 in the new source engine - no doubt being held back for the new steam console.

Yeah, I get the feeling that it will be the launch title for the steam box thing - if you wanna shift a truck load of new consoles then it makes sense to release it with the one game everyone's been wanting since the dawn of time...