PDA

View Full Version : Hot Tub Time Machine sequel (film)?

Neil
16-Jan-2013, 09:17 AM
OK, the original is a bit of a guilty pleasure, but does it really merit a sequel?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Hot-Tub-Time-Machine-Might-Get-Sequel-35143.html

While John Cusack is not involved with the project at this time, the three other main stars have all been in talks with the studio and there's a possibility that Corddry will be working on a script with Steve Pink, the director of the last film (who is also in talks to return). Apparently they've been secretly developing the movie over the last few months, but "sources caution that deal-making is in an early stage and could fail." The trade adds that should everything work out, however, the film could be fast-tracked by MGM.

DjfunkmasterG
16-Jan-2013, 12:51 PM
Neil, this is how Hollywood works, everything merits a sequel when it is profitable. Look at The Hangover, it merited two (Part 3 now in production)

Neil
16-Jan-2013, 12:56 PM
Look at The Hangover, it merited two (Part 3 now in production)
Not even seen part 1 yet!

DjfunkmasterG
16-Jan-2013, 01:07 PM
Not even seen part 1 yet!

You're not missing much. The only thing I found funny with part 1 was Ken Jiong, and the pictures of the night before sequence during the end credits.

AcesandEights
16-Jan-2013, 03:01 PM
The first film was good, cheesy fun for me. A sequel is obviously not necessary, but I'll wait to see what it looks like and go from there.

rongravy
16-Jan-2013, 08:47 PM
Heck yeah!!!
Loved the first, and can't wait to see what they do with it.