PDA

View Full Version : The Iceman (film) - Contract killer Richard Kuklinski

Neil
16-Jan-2013, 09:22 AM
Inspired by actual events, The Iceman follows notorious contract killer Richard Kuklinski (Academy AwardŽ nominee Michael Shannon) from his early days in the mob until his arrest for the murder of more than 100 men. Appearing to be living the American dream as a devoted husband and father; in reality Kuklinski was a ruthless killer-for-hire. When finally arrested in 1986, neither his wife nor daughters have any clue about his real profession.

Has a nice cast line up!!!

eI6YE0xGCjo

Mike70
17-Jan-2013, 01:07 AM
my only problem with Kuklinski is that many of his claims have the ring of bullshit about them. like his supposed murder of jimmy hoffa. he was arrested for attempting to arrange a murder with an undercover agent and that's about it. none of the people who were closely associated with DeMeo's crew (the mobster he supposedly was a hitman for) had ever heard of the dude nor did they include him in a single iota of their testimony. further, in the zillions of photos and hours of video surveillance on the club where DeMeo was headquartered, Kuklinski is in exactly ONE photograph. the other mobsters involved said he was there to buy a handgun.

so, was he a killer? yes. is he responsible for all the murders he claims? i doubt it.

AcesandEights
17-Jan-2013, 01:30 PM
my only problem with Kuklinski is that many of his claims have the ring of bullshit about them.

Yeah, this guy got brought up like a year ago in Neil's thread about really evil people and the atrocities they committed (can't recall thread name) and I've since seen at least two docus with interviews on cable and he comes across as completely full of it in some respects, but as you say Mike, I certainly believe he killed people.

bassman
17-Jan-2013, 02:40 PM
I don't know anything about the source, but it looks good. I'll watch anything with Michael Shannon...

krakenslayer
17-Jan-2013, 02:56 PM
He's the alleged professional hitman who enjoyed a bit of extra-curricular, recreational serial-killing in his off-time, right?

AcesandEights
17-Jan-2013, 03:43 PM
He's the alleged professional hitman who enjoyed a bit of extra-curricular, recreational serial-killing in his off-time, right?

Yes, as I recall.

ICF_Hooligan
30-Jan-2013, 02:12 AM
waited so long for this movie... disappointed... horrible choice for Kuklinski. He has such a strong personality and this film doesn't have it

Morto Vivente
19-May-2013, 03:23 PM
The Iceman Interviews

QXgi72W2H7U

EvilNed
14-Aug-2013, 09:45 PM
So was this any good?

Seeing this tonight.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! Loved it. Michael Shannon was brilliant. It's so weird how you can sit there and get sucked into the story of a ruthless killer. A person I should hate and want dead. But somehow they managed to make him human.

At the end you realize what you should have realized all along. That his family are the real victims here. Man, I can't imagine what it must be like to go through something like that.