PDA

View Full Version : Die Hard director John McTiernan is probably headed to prison

LouCipherr
18-Jan-2013, 03:57 PM
I tried to search to see if this had been posted before, but I couldn't find anything, so here it is.

Source: http://www.avclub.com/articles/die-hard-director-john-mctiernan-is-probab,91189/ (http://www.avclub.com/articles/die-hard-director-john-mctiernan-is-probab,91189/)

Text from the above link:

After more than six years of battling the courts, director John McTiernan—the man behind Die Hard, The Hunt For Red October, and Predator, among others—appears to be headed to federal prison, after the U.S. Supreme Court rejected his latest appeal. McTiernan was sentenced in 2010, handed a year for lying to federal agents investigating the wiretapping of various Hollywood players by private detective Anthony Pellicano. He pled guilty to that in 2006, admitting that he’d attempted to hide his hiring of Pellicano to investigate Rollerball remake producer Chuck Roven, a lie that was exposed once a digital recording surfaced of McTiernan discussing the illegal wiretap of Roven’s phone.

Ever since then, McTiernan has been lobbying to have his sentence dismissed, based on the fact that there’s no proof Roven was ever actually wiretapped—a last-ditch argument that lingers on in a motion that’s still sitting before the judge. Such motions have obviously not been successful in the past, however, and this final one will likely only be delaying by weeks McTiernan’s seemingly inevitable incarceration. And so the man who made a living telling stories about men who are backed into corners yet always beat the odds doesn’t appear to be headed for a similarly triumphant ending—unless he has a decoy Soviet submarine or maybe one of those Predator self-destruct bombs still lying around, anyway.

:eek:

I never heard about this before, did any of you? Strange......

bassman
18-Jan-2013, 04:03 PM
Yeah....heard about this back around the time it first started. It's a shame, but it's not like he was turning out any good movies recently, anyway. Perhaps once he's released he can have a come back like all the 80's action stars are currently working on.

He and Wesley Snipes could start planning a project while in the joint together. :p

EvilNed
18-Jan-2013, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I remember reading something about this. A shame, I think I pretty much like all of his films. He's got a good eye for action. Oh, but I am forgetting Rollerball... That remake was horrible. They tried injecting so much of the new millenia into that film that it acted as a laxative and all that came out of the screen was a brown, smelly goo that ran all over the floor and left you disgusted for months.