PDA

View Full Version : Will Peter Jackson do a Lucas on us?

Neil
20-Jan-2013, 09:22 AM
If you recall, George Lucas replaced Anakin's 'ghost' at the end of Return of the Jedi, with the 'new actor' (curse him!):-
http://dgtlysmitten.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/return1.jpg

Well, at the beginning of Lord of the Rings, we we young Bilbo played by Ian Holm... But now of course we have Martin Freeman in The Hobbit. So how tempted is Peter Jackson to replace that very short scene to show Freeman do you think? Maybe in the double trilogy boxset maybe?

EvilNed
20-Jan-2013, 10:36 AM
First off, I'd like too point out that:

I really don't care. I couldn't care less. Nope. I lost my carebear. I - don't - care.

But I'd be slightly irritated if he did this, and people were annoyed by it. Because it's such a little clip and in the future, these films are going to be watched back-to-back with the new Hobbit films so it wouldn't be weird.

Staredge
20-Jan-2013, 02:14 PM
My biggest issue with Lucas doing that is this: Luke doesn't know who the young guy is. He's never seen him. He only knows Anakin as the old guy under Vader's helmet. Shouldn't they be as they were when they "died"? Yoda and Obi Wan are.

clanglee
20-Jan-2013, 04:20 PM
That scene of Jedi pisses me off so bad!!! But as far as the Hobbit is concerned. . .seeing as how Ian Holm reprises the role as elderly Bilbo in the first Hobbit movie. . .I find it unlikely.

Neil
20-Jan-2013, 06:46 PM
Shouldn't they be as they were when they "died"? Yoda and Obi Wan are.

Yep...