PDA

View Full Version : Terminator 5 (film) - Schwarzenegger will be back!

Neil
23-Jan-2013, 10:49 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Confirms-He-Back-Terminator-5-35258.html

I have to admit, no.3 ruined the franchise so much for me, I haven't even bothered watching no.4 yet!

Arnie is in his mid-60s now. He is no longer the T800 we are familiar with... So I can see him successfully appearing in another film if either:-
- He plays the human the T800 was based on.
- He is CGI'd to look younger.

LouCipherr
23-Jan-2013, 12:28 PM
I have to admit, no.3 ruined the franchise so much for me, I haven't even bothered watching no.4 yet!

Well, 3 ruined the franchise for sure, and what's sad is, I saw 4 and it made things even worse.

I'm very on the fence about this. While I'd like to see another Terminator done right, I'm not so sure that's what we'll get. We shall see...

Neil
23-Jan-2013, 12:57 PM
I saw 4 and it made things even worse.
Really? Oh dear!

Should I not even bother?

AcesandEights
23-Jan-2013, 01:30 PM
Really? Oh dear!

I haven't bothered yet, myself, but I see opinions all over the place on the 4th film.

Personally, I didn't mind the 3rd film as much as others seem to, though it was definitely oversimplified and phoned-in in some aspects. Maybe I just didn't expect much. I didn't mind the cast, at all, certainly not the newcomers to the 'franchise'.

LouCipherr
23-Jan-2013, 02:18 PM
Really? Oh dear!

If you want my personal opinion, yes, don't bother - but keep in mind that's just me. YMMV. ;)

rongravy
23-Jan-2013, 09:36 PM
I liked T3. It was the last one I couldn't keep my eyes open during.
I say Arnie'll play the guy they base the Terminators off of.
Either way, I'm in like sin.

MinionZombie
24-Jan-2013, 10:08 AM
Terminator 3 was shameful - it was completely disrespectful to the franchise, as well as the ending of T2. In T2 they'd put a stop to the machines buggering everything up - mankind had won - but then T3 just blunders along and says "pfft, whatever" and does all those "I'm Sergeant Candy!" and "Talk to the hand" 'gags' that rendered The Terminator a feckin' joke. T3 was awful.

Terminator Salvation ... good production design ... but still utterly moronic. Piss-weak writing, and like T3 it was filled with 'super Terminators' that had abilities far exceeding what was established in T1 and T2. For example - the CGI Arnie T-800 takes a grenade right to the chest and only the flesh burns off - in T1 a pipe bomb in the same area nearly destroyed the machine. Likewise in T2, molten steel was used to destroy - and end the Skynet threat for good - both the T-1000 and the second T-800. However in T4 a load of molten steel is doused upon a Terminator and it merely coats it and holds it in place for a few minutes, before the machine busts out with no real problems and continues smashing up the place. Totally ignoring the established facts of the machines in the franchise - if you can't be bothered with that, then, well, that says a lot about the quality of the writing and directing.

T4 generally was just weak. It looked great, and the trailer was fantastic, but the film was pish - not to mention, like with T3, it was watered down to a 12A rating. :rolleyes: There were so many idiotic things in that movie (like the farting transformer thing that shakes the ground all around it and can't move without making a hell of a noise, yet manages to completely sneak-up on a group of survivors in an old petrol station).

I thought T4 was merely okay when I first saw it, but a second viewing just revealed so many things I didn't have the time to notice were wrong during my first viewing. It's garbage. Hardly surprising considering it was directed by McG. :rolleyes:

shootemindehead
24-Jan-2013, 10:55 AM
The first one. That's it.

I wonder...will Arnie be a robot in this? If so, that's pretty f*cked up. I can imagine the board meeting at Cyberdine Systems.

"See that old guy over there. That's the model for the new T800."

"But sir..."

"THAT'S the model!"

Neil
25-Jan-2013, 09:23 AM
A quote from Arni:-

"They’re writing right now ‘Terminator 5’. There have been some writers on it for the last year and a half and they could not pull it off. We have told them over and over that they are going in the wrong direction, now they’ve finally got rid of those writers and they’ve got new really quality writers."

shootemindehead
26-Jan-2013, 12:10 PM
/\

I'm reading that in an Arnie voice.