PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Spider-Man 2 (film)

Neil
05-Feb-2013, 02:36 PM
...has started production.

I've not seen the first one yet - http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Amazing-Spider-Man-2-Has-Started-Production-35526.html

It seems like just yesterday we were waiting for Marc Webb's The Amazing Spider-Man to swing into theaters, and already its sequel is on the way. In the last few months we've heard some huge casting news, from the addition of Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborne and Shailene Woodleyas Mary Jane to Jamie Foxx as Electro and possibly Paul Giamatti as The Rhino. Now that the origin story is out of the way we're fascinated to see what kind of story the director will be spinning for part two. And it all begins today.

EvilNed
05-Feb-2013, 03:17 PM
Zzzz...

The new one wasn't in any way, shape or form better than Raimi's versions. It was just an OK flick. And being OK, in today's world of superhero inflation, makes it kinda dull.

shootemindehead
05-Feb-2013, 04:01 PM
Not being a Raimi fan, I kinda liked the newer one, while still being baffled at its existence (until I learned that it had to be made or the rights reverted back to Marvel). The characters are much better and so are the actors. The story is still an "origin" story though. Andrew Garfield's Peter Parker is still a bit goofy, while not being irritating like Tobey MacGuire's (cannot feckin stand him) and the female lead is more interesting too. Kerstin Dunst's starry-eyed f*ckwit gets annoying too quickly as well. All in all, it's cast is much better all round. Although Doc Oc is a better villain.

If I am totally honest, I getting frd up with the glut of superhero pictures. They always seem to lack something.

rongravy
05-Feb-2013, 08:55 PM
Yay, I liked what they did. Bring it on, I say.

ProfessorChaos
28-Feb-2013, 02:01 AM
my gf and i took my nephew to see the reboot in theaters and thought it was entertaining and the effects were awesome. bought it on blu-ray and had already planned to take the nephew to see the next one when it comes out.....while i was looking forward to it, (largely due to my young nephews immense enthusiasm for spidey), the photo released recently (below) blew me away and almost put this film into the "must-see.....ASAP" category.

this is a very exciting comparison between the costume used for the first "amazing" and the one they are using for the sequel. behold:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2013/02/asm2newcostume.jpg

^
now that's what i'm talking about! the new eye-pieces are very similar to the artwork styles of both mark bagley and todd mcfarlane, two very talented artists who did the majority of the artwork for the flagship comic "the amazing spider-man" when i was a youth and had a subscription to that comic.

and though i was mildly disappointed with the lasting quality and replay-value of the last movie tie-in game, i'm even allowing myself to get a mild chubby thinking about another spidey-game with this much-improved costume on your character.

/nerd-mode off

MoonSylver
28-Feb-2013, 04:53 AM
my gf and i took my nephew to see the reboot in theaters and thought it was entertaining and the effects were awesome. bought it on blu-ray and had already planned to take the nephew to see the next one when it comes out.....while i was looking forward to it, (largely due to my young nephews immense enthusiasm for spidey), the photo released recently (below) blew me away and almost put this film into the "must-see.....ASAP" category.

this is a very exciting comparison between the costume used for the first "amazing" and the one they are using for the sequel. behold:

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/new-spider-man-suit-02252013-110643.jpg

^
now that's what i'm talking about! the new eye-pieces are very similar to the artwork styles of both mark bagley and todd mcfarlane, two very talented artists who did the majority of the artwork for the flagship comic "the amazing spider-man" when i was a youth and had a subscription to that comic.

and though i was mildly disappointed with the lasting quality and replay-value of the last movie tie-in game, i'm even allowing myself to get a mild chubby thinking about another spidey-game with this much-improved costume on your character.

/nerd-mode off

Thank God. I loathe that other one with a burning passion that hasn't subsided. This one is the Spider-Man costume as it should be. Don't try to improve perfection folks. ;)

bassman
28-Feb-2013, 12:08 PM
Just saw that Chris Cooper is the new Osborne.

http://static.tvguide.com/MediaBin/Content/111205/News/1_mon/111205muppets-movie-chris-cooper1.jpg

maniacal laugh....maniacal laugh....maniacal laauuggghhhh

EvilNed
28-Feb-2013, 09:03 PM
I just dont get it. There was nothing new or original with this film. I cant see how this film made money.