PDA

View Full Version : Homecoming

MapMan
08-Jul-2006, 02:42 AM
http://www.sho.com/site/mastersofhorror/movie.do?content=homecoming

Coming out on dvd. What do you think about it ?

AcesandEights
08-Jul-2006, 03:52 AM
The clips look pretty good and it sounds like a new take on the genre, or a stretch for the genre, perhaps, but that also sounds like it might be leading it in a bit of a goofy direction. I hope I'm wrong.

Has anyone seen this yet that would like to shed some unspoiled light on how well the plot is handled?

Debbieangel
08-Jul-2006, 03:54 AM
http://www.sho.com/site/mastersofhorror/movie.do?content=homecoming

Coming out on dvd. What do you think about it ?
Both clips on there are GREAT real good teasers! I hope I can get the Dvd's in my area.

axlish
08-Jul-2006, 01:52 PM
This episode was ultra stupid, but it actually began to offend towards the end of the film by disrespecting the dead in Arlington Cemetery. It is one thing to criticize the current regime and state of affairs (which was also handled with equal rediculousness) but an entirely different issue when you bring the dead from other wars into it. Even if you are a die hard liberal, it still stinks.

zombiegirl
08-Jul-2006, 08:34 PM
I enjoyed the political roast but it wasn't worth watching more than once. Unfortunately only a couple of the Masters Of Horror episodes are even worth watching at all in my opinion. To me the whole series was a big let down. Mostly they just bored me.

BUTCHYPIE
08-Jul-2006, 10:33 PM
I enjoyed Homecoming

I also enjoy Dale Bailey’s writing and his short story was the premise upon which the script was based.

Zombie films have a long history of subversive themes. Yes, there is a definite progressive political subtext to the film, but I believe that reasonable people can stand being exposed to opinions they don’t agree with. I didn’t find the film as much anti-war as pro-vet, so I’m surprised at the previous comment. Anyway, I suggest others see Homecoming, so they can decide for themselves.

Also, the movie has some really funny moments. Notably, Thea Gill playing Jane Cleaver, a thinly disguised version of Ann Coulter. Very funny stuff.

http://www.mastersofhorror.net/images/photos/homecoming7.jpg

I’m looking forward to season 2 of Masters of Horror – premiering this October!

-

Danny
09-Jul-2006, 04:01 AM
i liked it more than dance of the dead, now that ws a snooze fest.

well actually it was a pretty damn crap series in general.

which goes to show fangoria may do good articles and posters and **** but never, NEVER trust a positive fangoria review the film critics on there dont seem to know how

CASE IN POINT:

zombie honeymoon
plaga zombie
cry wolf
masters of horror
land of the dead (was called best in series :eek: )

all got awesome reviews all have been sub par rentals at best.

never trust fangoria guys and gals, wiser words youll never hear from me.:clown:

dogma789
09-Jul-2006, 04:35 AM
Post deleted.

axlish
09-Jul-2006, 05:07 AM
John Carpenters episode was very good, I liked it a lot. John Landis' Deer Woman was good, if you like Landis' stuff. I haven't liked any of the rest that I have seen.