PDA

View Full Version : In The Flesh (TV series) - BBC3

dracenstein
15-Feb-2013, 07:26 PM
There's a new three-part zombie series starting soon, In the Flesh, on BBC3.

Set after a zombie uprising, it follows a medically treated zombie being rehabilitated back into the community. So not the flesh eating disaster drama we are hoping for.

Bits of it can be seen in the new BBC drama trailer on the BBC channels.

www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2012/in-the-flesh.html

Neil
15-Feb-2013, 07:28 PM
Isn't this on the coat tail of "Warm Bodies" then?

No mention of when it's airing?

dracenstein
15-Feb-2013, 07:42 PM
No air date yet, but here's invite to preview screening.

www.bbc.co.uk/writersroom/opportunities/in-the-flesh-screening

When: Thurs 7th March 2013
Time: 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Where: Digital Performance Lab, University of Salford, MediaCityUK, Salford, M50 2EQ

Josh Hilden
15-Feb-2013, 10:28 PM
If it's not ported to American TV I will have to find "Other Means" of viewing.

;)

Rancid Carcass
16-Feb-2013, 01:18 AM
I will have to find "Other Means" of viewing.

Binoculars! :p

kidgloves
02-Mar-2013, 09:48 PM
Starts Sunday March 17th

Review of episode 1 here - http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/in-the-flesh/24648/spoiler-free-in-the-flesh-episode-1-review

It’s original, imaginative UK genre drama, and as such, we warmly welcome it to our screens.

Just don’t expect chainsaws. Well, maybe a little one...

Cykotic
03-Mar-2013, 04:55 AM
I'm kinda looking forward to this. Seems like it could be a good watch

Neil
04-Mar-2013, 10:37 AM
AHZxW3gsDeA

53I2_DbVUqU

Trencher
05-Mar-2013, 05:49 PM
Words can not describe how much I hate this both in concept and execution. If you want to create a drama series, create a drama series! Dont waste zombie make up and stories on this wuss crap!

Neil
05-Mar-2013, 05:55 PM
^ Ummm... OK! Maybe don't watch it then?

kidgloves
05-Mar-2013, 09:40 PM
Hmmmmmmm.
Who keeps editing my posts?

Trencher
05-Mar-2013, 09:55 PM
^ Ummm... OK! Maybe don't watch it then?
Yeah that is probably for the best, don't want my TV to suffer any "accidents".
But why? Why? In all my years as a zombie fan its always 10 silly variants and intelligent zombies movies/series/books whatever for every one who treats them like properly like the monsters they are. All the successful movies and series treats zombies like monsters and focus on the human characters. Why do they try to destroy that.. Its going the same way it went with the vampires..

dracenstein
17-Mar-2013, 07:31 PM
Whether you want to watch it or not, just two and-a-half hours 'til it's on! (For us in UK)

JonOfTheShred
17-Mar-2013, 08:39 PM
AHZxW3gsDeA

I liked this first trailer. Reminded me of Hitchhikers Guide. (And yes, I've read the books. ;) Loved the movie as well. Still need to watch the BBC series.)

Cykotic
17-Mar-2013, 09:59 PM
Right, lets see if this is any good

dracenstein
17-Mar-2013, 11:35 PM
Can't say I liked it, kinda lost interest somewhere and mentally switched off. Can't even recall how it ended...

Just not my idea of a zombie drama.

Cykotic
18-Mar-2013, 01:34 AM
I think this is gonna be a marmite show... you either love it or hate it...

My opinion on this show...I think I quite like it. Very interesting spin on the mythology that I've only ever seen once before in a french film called Les Revenants.

Just wondering something though... the guy playing the vicar... Doesn't he play Dr Channard in Hellraiser 2?

Trencher
19-Mar-2013, 04:09 AM
So, how did the British audience and TV critic receive the show? Sorry I got a bit ranty earlier. If anyone wants to check out other zombie movies with an intelligent zombie plot ask me, I cant really remember any names right now but I seen dozens.

Buzzbomb
19-Mar-2013, 05:51 PM
I thought it was naff, but on a second viewing it improved a little...

paranoid101
20-Mar-2013, 12:01 PM
I liked it can't wait to see where it goes, nice to see the zombie genre going other places before it gets stale.

kidgloves
21-Mar-2013, 11:32 PM
I liked it a lot and a few people i recommended it to did as well.

Rancid Carcass
22-Mar-2013, 01:41 PM
Yeah, I liked this too - I'd imagine it's the sort of thing I'd Dr Logan dreamed about in between bouts of giving Bub 'new things to play with' and making speeches about 'keeping them from wanting to eat us'. :lol:

I'm glad they didn't jump on a bandwagon and produced something little more thought provoking, okay it could all go to hell over the next couple of weeks, but it will be interesting to see where it goes.

Neil
22-Mar-2013, 04:19 PM
I really enjoyed it! Liked the premise, and just hope the next two episodes use it to best effect!

kidgloves
26-Mar-2013, 11:42 PM
Excellent 2nd episode and huge twist.

Rancid Carcass
27-Mar-2013, 08:54 PM
Okay, pop quiz! Kooky zombie, er... PDS girl... would you? :shifty: :elol:

kidgloves
27-Mar-2013, 10:41 PM
Okay, pop quiz! Kooky zombie, er... PDS girl... would you? :shifty: :elol:

No. I've had too many crazy hyper girls like that in my life. No space/time/energy for another.
For 1 night maybe.

Neil
23-Apr-2013, 08:28 AM
Finally watched the third & final episode. Really enjoyed it. Some of the characters and their motivations were very cardboard (questionable) but still a great bit of drama!

There seems to be a big loose end with the zombie web activist guy... All seemed a big unanswered question there!

Cykotic
23-Apr-2013, 12:38 PM
maybe an excuse for a second series... hey, i wouldn't complain!

Neil
23-Apr-2013, 01:10 PM
My only real complaint was just how dumb some of the characters were behaving. eg:-
- Parents making son pretend to eat.
- Bill Macy just not realising his son was just like the 'rotters' he wanted dead? Really?
- etc...

Still some good ideas/drama in there though!

Neil
31-May-2013, 02:37 PM
BBC America June 6th...

GGUgd_N_dxU

Wyldwraith
01-Jun-2013, 11:57 AM
Plays this Thursday here in the US,
Been seeing the adverts for weeks now on BBC channel, (where I watch Doctor Who in the morning & evening, and STNG re-runs.)
Seems rather interesting, especially as the "untreated" sufferers of Partially Deceased Syndrome seem pretty much standard zombie-like from the trailer material. I'll give it a shot at least. Owe the genre that when it manages to get a zombie-centric miniseries on TV.

Neil
01-Jun-2013, 12:50 PM
I really enjoyed it.

A couple of the characters' motivations/thoughts are rediculous and paper thin, but it gets away with it.